Baking biscuits and cookies are indeed a joy to do. However, not anyone will have a regular baking oven as it can be too expensive. Now, since toaster ovens are handy, cheap, and present at almost any home, you may wonder how you can use yours in baking biscuits and cookies.
In this article, you’ll see an in-depth explanation about baking biscuits and cookies in a toaster oven. In addition, it includes answers to all the frequently asked questions about this matter. This way, you can understand everything you need to know before you start baking biscuits and cookies in your handy toaster oven.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Can you bake biscuits in a toaster oven?
- How to cook biscuits in a toaster oven?
- How long does it take to cook biscuits in a toaster oven?
- How do you fix biscuits in a toaster oven?
- Can you cook frozen biscuits in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake cookies in a toaster oven?
- Can you cook cookie dough in a toaster oven?
- How do you bake cookies in a toaster oven?
- How long does it take to cook cookies in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake Pillsbury cookies in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake chocolate chip cookies in a toaster oven?
- Can you make meringue cookies in a toaster oven?
- Why do my cookies burn in the toaster oven?
Can you bake biscuits in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake biscuits in a toaster oven. This type of oven works like any regular kitchen oven. The only thing you need to know is that they are typically smaller. Thus, you can only make small batches of baked biscuits at a time. However, if you’re cooking for two, toaster ovens would save you a lot of energy costs and make baking easier for you.
How to cook biscuits in a toaster oven?
If you want to cook biscuits in a toaster oven, you can follow these steps that we made as your guide.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small mixing dish, combine the flour and baking powder. In the middle of the flour mixture, make a hole. Pour the half-and-half into the hole and stir until a light dough forms. As you do this step, do your best to avoid overmixing. Overmixing can destroy the dough’s light fluffiness and alter the biscuit’s final shape).
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Place one portion on a floured cutting board and dust with a bit of flour. Roll the dough into a ball and flatten it into a tiny 2.5-inch round. Place the circle on an un-greased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Leave the circles apart if you want their whole exteriors crispy, or arrange them side by side for a softer edge. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 to 12 minutes, or until the biscuits are softly golden brown on top and bottom.
- Serve and enjoy your biscuits while still warm. You can also add your choice of toppings.
How long does it take to cook biscuits in a toaster oven?
Biscuits need around 9 – 12 minutes of baking time in a toaster oven if your temperature is set to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. This time should be enough to put some light golden brown color on the biscuit’s top and bottom.
Also Read: Baking in a Toaster Oven
How do you fix biscuits in a toaster oven?
If you want to fix your biscuits in a toaster oven, you can do so depending on how your biscuits turn out.
For instance, if your biscuit becomes slightly crumbly, you can add some butter to it. If your biscuit was burnt, you can lower the temperature a bit or lessen the cooking time.
As a general rule of thumb, make sure to watch out for your biscuit while baking in a toaster oven. The reason is that toaster ovens can have hotspots that can cause uneven baking.
Can you cook frozen biscuits in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can cook frozen biscuits in a toaster oven through a faster bake method. Since toaster ovens can get high temperatures, you can use these settings for cooking frozen biscuits quickly.
How to cook frozen biscuits in a toaster oven?
If you want to cook frozen biscuits in a toaster oven, you can use the following steps as your guide.
- Heat your toaster oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Or, set it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit if you have a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Arrange your frozen biscuits apart from each other in an ungreased baking sheet.
- Let it bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until you see it get a golden brown color.
Can you bake cookies in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake cookies in a toaster oven. This type of oven works the same way as conventional kitchen ovens. Thus, you can use it with the same settings when baking cookies. The only downside is that you can only bake in small batches due to the small size of the oven. Nevertheless, it’s a great thing if you’re only baking a single or few servings.
Can you cook cookie dough in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can cook cookie dough in a toaster oven. Toaster ovens work the same as any typical kitchen oven. The only difference is the size, which means you will be limited to baking small batches of cookie dough at a time. However, since most toaster ovens have temperature settings, you can cook your cookie dough in them without any issues.
How do you bake cookies in a toaster oven?
If you want to bake cookies in a toaster oven, you can use the following steps as your guide.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie mix and sugar, then add the butter by smashing it with your hands and mixing until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the milk and knead it in. Knead the dough until it comes together and is no longer floury. If you have time, leave the dough to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll out to a thickness of 3 mm with a rolling pin and cut out your chosen shapes. (If it’s thin, it’ll be more crispy and flavorful.) Line them up on parchment paper on top of aluminum foil.
- Place the foil on top and toast for 12-15 minutes in a toaster oven set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s alright after it’s thoroughly browned. If you wish to add extra color, remove the foil and toast for another minute.
- Line up immediately on a cooling rack or paper towel to cool and allow the water to evaporate, and you’re done. Of course, you should keep the cookies in a safe place.
- If you want, it is alright to lessen the amount of butter to 30 g.
How long does it take to cook cookies in a toaster oven?
It takes 12 to 15 minutes to cook cookies in a toaster oven set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want soft cookies, remove them in closer to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to bake for the full 15 minutes if you want them to be crispy.
Can you bake Pillsbury cookies in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake Pillsbury cookies in a toaster oven. These cookies are ready to bake, and all you need is to take them out of the package and place them in a toaster oven.
To bake Pillsbury cookies in a toaster oven, you’ll only need parchment paper on your baking pan. Then, place the cookies apart from each other. With a regular toaster oven, you can bake a whole pack of Pillsbury cookies with 9 pieces.
Set your toaster oven to a bake setting, which is at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake it for around 11-15 minutes or until the edges are set. Then, add the chocolate frosting after baking, and you can then enjoy your Pillsbury cookies!
Can you bake chocolate chip cookies in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake chocolate chip cookies in a toaster oven. You can use this guide to make yours.
- In a wide mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Beat together with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Stir in the beaten egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly blended.
- Set aside a few chocolate chips to top the cookies with after they’ve baked, then stir in the remainder.
- Chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes before using.
- When you’re ready to bake, insert your toaster oven’s cooking tray in the center and preheat to 350°F on the BAKE setting. Decrease the heat to 325°F if using a convection toaster oven.
- Use a silicone baking mat to line a quarter sheet pan or leave it uncoated.
- Roll or scoop the dough into 112 tablespoon-sized balls and set them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes. Depending on your oven, it can be done until the middles of the cookies are puffy and the sides are brown. Then, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the saved chocolate chips as soon as possible.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully.
Can you make meringue cookies in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can make meringue cookies in a toaster oven like you would in a regular kitchen oven. If you want to make meringue cookies in a toaster oven, you can use these steps as your guide:
- When the egg whites are foamy, add the cream of tartar and salt. Keep beating the egg whites until stiff, add 1/4 of the sugar, and continue to beat until all of the sugar is incorporated. Continue beating at high speed until the meringue is shiny and firm, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- To bake, pump or dump the meringue by the tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking tray that fits into a toaster oven.
- Set your toaster oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 30 minutes, checking to see whether they are set and done. Continue to bake at 275°F for another 30 minutes.
- Return the meringues to the oven and bake at 300°F for a few minutes before turning off the oven. Allow them to rest in the closed toaster oven for at least 2 hours. Depending on the humidity, you may either leave them or remove them and store them in an airtight container.
- They will adhere to the parchment paper if left on it for too long in a humid environment.
Why do my cookies burn in the toaster oven?
There are a few reasons why your cookies burn in the toaster oven. Here are some of the things you can adjust to avoid burnt cookies.
The first thing is that your temperature settings may be too high. Since toaster ovens can get warm faster due to the small size, you may miss the setting, unlike a kitchen oven.
Another reason is that you let it bake longer. Due to the small size of the toaster and the closer placement to the heating bar, you can bake quicker than any kitchen oven. Thus, you may want to lessen your baking time by 5-10 minutes.
Lastly, your ingredients, materials, and methods are wrong. For example, it may be that you put too much butter that it gets easier to burn, or that your cookie sheet is too dark, or that you bake your cookies on a lower rack.
As a general rule of thumb, follow your chosen recipe that is appropriate for toaster ovens. Further, always keep an eye on your cookies so you can take them out if you see it already gets some nice color.
In a nutshell, baking biscuits and cookies in a toaster oven is a simple method that only takes a couple of steps and techniques while saving a lot of time and energy. If you’re making small batches, toaster ovens should always be a tool for you to consider.
- Making Brownies in a Toaster Oven
- Baking Cupcakes in a Toaster Oven
- Can You Bake Cake in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Pie in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Bread in a Toaster Oven?
Image credits – Canva