Toaster ovens are not simply used for reheating and simple toasting. Many people nowadays are being creative that they use these handy countertop tools for many purposes. Thus, if you have a toaster oven at home, one of the things you may ask is:
Can you bake bread in a toaster oven? Yes, you can bake bread in a toaster oven. This type of oven functions the same as any regular oven you use to bake bread. The only difference is its size and the heating time and flow. Thus, you can bake bread as long as you know how this oven works.
Nothing beats freshly-baked bread whenever you feel like eating one. This bread is warm, fresh, and packed with the goodness of bread that came straight from the oven. In this article, you’ll know how to make yours even with a toaster oven. This way, you can bake your bread whenever you want.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- How do I make bread in a toaster oven?
- What temperature do you bake bread in a toaster oven?
- How long to bake bread in a toaster oven?
- Can you proof the bread in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake sourdough bread in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake cornbread in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake garlic bread in a toaster oven?
- Can you bake zucchini bread in a toaster oven?
- Is it OK to bake bread in the Breville toaster oven?
- Is it OK to bake bread in the Cuisinart toaster oven?
How do I make bread in a toaster oven?
If you want to make bread in a toaster oven, you’ll want to get a preferred bread recipe and follow it in a way compatible with your toaster oven. If you can’t find any good recipe, you can use these steps as your guide and instructions.
- Set aside a 6-by-3-inch circular pan that has been greased with butter.
- In a mixer equipped with the dough hook attachment, combine the butter, yeast, sugar, salt, and 1 cup of warm water. Add 1/2 cup of the flour at a time to the mixer on low speed, allowing for each addition to be thoroughly integrated before adding more. After adding all of the flour, knead for 8 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan, cover, and set aside for 1 hour to double in size.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through until the bread is brown and the internal temperature has reached 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Note: Measure flour into a dry measuring cup and level out the excess. Scooping the flour directly from the bag compresses it, leading to dry baked bread.
Related: Baking in a Toaster Oven
What temperature do you bake bread in a toaster oven?
If you want to bake bread in a toaster oven, you should set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, after half the baking time, you should lower the temperature to 200 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes. This reduction will ensure thorough cooking while avoiding burnt crusts.
How long to bake bread in a toaster oven?
If you follow a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit and reduce it to 200 degrees Fahrenheit, your baking time should be 25 minutes. If you include the preheating time of 10 minutes and the resting of 5 minutes, you should have 40 minutes total baking time.
Can you proof the bread in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can proof the bread in a toaster oven. When baking bread, the term proving most usually refers to the last rise of dough that occurs after being formed into a loaf but before it is cooked. Still, in reality, the terms proof and fermentation are often used similarly.
Put a glass baking dish on the lowest rack of your toaster oven and pour it with boiling water to proof bread. Close the door and place your dough on the center or top rack. The steam and warmth from the boiling hot water will provide a warm, humid atmosphere for the dough, ideal for a good rise.
Can you bake sourdough bread in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake sourdough bread in a toaster oven. Of course, baking sourdough bread in a toaster oven will not produce the exact output that you’d get in a regular baking oven. However, it will be alright, and you won’t get terrible sourdough bread out of it.
As I learned, a tiny toaster oven can make a great sourdough loaf with a little more attention to detail during shaping and proofing. But, as always, getting an excellent oven spring is the key.
Can you bake cornbread in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake cornbread in a toaster oven. Cornbread is simple to make, and it only needs simple ingredients. Thus, you can make it with a toaster oven with a few adjustments. Here’s how you can make your cornbread in a toaster oven.
- Set aside a 9-inch round cake pan or cast-iron skillet that has been adequately greased. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk everything together well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then add the oil or butter, milk, and egg. Stir the ingredients only until it comes together and there are just a few lumps left.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve immediately.
Can you bake garlic bread in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake garlic bread in a toaster oven. Garlic bread is a bread that needs simple ingredients, and it’s easy to make. Here’s how you can bake your garlic bread in a toaster oven.
The first thing you’ll want is to turn the toaster oven to toast in the darkest setting. Next, place garlic cloves on a cutting board and smash flat with the surface of a large, sturdy knife. Next, sprinkle salt on top of garlic. Then, smash salt into garlic until it becomes a paste.
Next, stir garlic paste together with butter, cheese, and parsley flakes. Lastly, spread the mixture in a thin layer on one side of each bread slice.
Place bread slices, butter sides up directly on the wire rack near the top of the oven. Toast for 5–8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. This recipe makes six servings, so you can double it or cut it in half, depending on your preferred amount.
Also Read: Toast vs Bake Setting on Toaster Oven
Can you bake zucchini bread in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake zucchini bread in a toaster oven. Here’s a step-by-step process you can follow as your guide if you want to bake one with your toaster oven.
Preheat the oven (or toaster oven!) to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour three small loaf pans or one 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Place aside.
Mix the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large mixing basin. Next, combine the eggs, milk, and vegetable oil in a large measuring cup. Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and whisk until the flour is mostly absorbed. After that, whisk in the zucchini and liquid until the batter is equally moistened.
Divide the batter evenly among the three small loaf pans (or add it all to the 9′′x5′′ loaf pan).
Bake the small loaf pans for 45 minutes, but start checking at 30 minutes. For example, if you’re using a 9′′x5′′ pan, start checking at 45 minutes and expect it to take between 1 hour and 1 hour + 15 minutes to cook. Regardless of the pans you use, the loaves are done when the top seems dry, and a cake tester pushed into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a rack before removing until completely cold.
If you can’t finish the zucchini bread, you can carefully wrap it and preserve it in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
Is it OK to bake bread in the Breville toaster oven?
Yes, it’s OK to bake bread in the Breville toaster oven. These ovens may be small. However, it has settings that can make everything a full-size oven can. Thus, it’s alright to bake bread in it, and you won’t have any problems doing so.
Is it OK to bake bread in the Cuisinart toaster oven?
Yes, it’s OK to bake bread in the Cuisinart toaster oven. These toaster ovens have settings that you can set with ease. It contains settings for baking, so you won’t have to worry about memorizing the temperature and timer. Of course, if your bread recipe has a specific temperature and cooks time, you can always set your toaster oven for precise baking.
So, can you bake bread in a toaster oven? Yes, you can bake your bread in a toaster oven. It is because toaster ovens work the same as baking ovens. Thus, you can have the same output, although you’re limited to small servings due to the compact size of toaster ovens. Still, other than that, you can always bake your bread in a toaster oven without any problem.
- Making Brownies in a Toaster Oven
- Baking Cupcakes in a Toaster Oven
- Can You Bake Cake in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Pie in a Toaster Oven?
- Baking Biscuits and Cookies in a Toaster Oven
Image credits – Canva