Cupcakes are everyone’s favorite, and it’s not surprising to know that many people like us want to eat some now and then. The great thing about these little treats is that they are easy to prepare, and you can customize them according to what you want. Another great thing is that you can prepare it without fancy tools. In fact, you can bake your cupcakes even with your handy toaster oven.
In this article, we answered the frequently asked questions about baking cupcakes in a toaster oven. Thus, the information below can be the handy guide that you’ll want to read before you bake cupcakes in a toaster oven. Such a guide can help you understand everything you need to know about this matter, so you can make the best cupcakes even with a toaster oven.
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Can you bake cupcakes in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake cupcakes in a toaster oven. Toaster ovens are popular options when baking small cakes, and cupcakes fit the description perfectly.
Another great thing is that cupcakes baked in toaster ovens are just as good as those baked in traditional ovens.
If you want to know more, here are some benefits of baking cupcakes in a toaster oven.
- Toaster oven baking is perfect for smaller batches of baking.
- You’ll have a lesser mess to clean if you bake in a toaster oven.
- You’ll have quicker preparation and baking time with a toaster oven.
- Preheating the toaster oven is quicker because it’s smaller.
- You’ll save energy costs since toaster ovens are more energy-efficient than regular ovens.
All in all, you can bake cupcakes in a toaster oven, and you can enjoy many benefits from doing so.
Also Read: Baking in a Toaster Oven
Can you bake cupcakes in a convection toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake cupcakes in a convection toaster oven. The only thing you want to look out for is the settings. Since these ovens have higher temperature and cooking settings, you’ll want to step it down a notch when baking in these ones.
For instance, you’ll want to cut the oven temperature around 25 degrees lower than the cupcake recipe needs. Other than that, you can enjoy evenly-baked cupcakes with a convection toaster oven.
Some people suggest otherwise, stating that convection toaster ovens dry out the cupcakes. However, if you have no other option, this oven will do. If you want it moist, you can simply lessen the cooking time or add some ingredients to keep it moist.
How to bake cupcakes in a toaster oven?
If you want to bake cupcakes in a toaster oven, you can follow these steps as your guide and instructions.
- Set the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing basin.
- Mix in the other ingredients, including milk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence, and white vinegar. Stir gently until the batter is smooth.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, depending on the size of the cupcakes. Then, insert a toothpick into the center of the cupcakes to see whether they are fully cooked. When the cupcakes are done, the toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mash the butter with a fork until it’s creamy. Combine the vanilla essence and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and milk in a mixing bowl.
- When everything is thoroughly blended and the frosting is smooth, use a spatula to spread it on the cooled cupcakes. If you like, you may pipe the icing on top. Then, decorate with sprinkles or anything you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long to bake cupcakes in a toaster oven?
It would take around 30 to 35 minutes to bake cupcakes in a toaster oven if you set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Of course, it will vary depending on the ingredients and recipe you use. For best results, you can always rely on the toothpick test. Simply stick a toothpick to the center of the cupcake and take it out. If the toothpick comes out clean, then it’s all cooked.
Most cupcakes bake nicely at temperatures ranging from 325°F to 375°F. Conveniently, these are also the temperatures at which cakes are often cooked. Therefore, you may use the temperature specified in the cake recipe or change it if you want particular results.
Also Read: Toast vs Bake Setting on Toaster Oven
In a nutshell, baking cupcakes in a toaster oven is an excellent and practical method for most purposes. This type of oven saves a lot of energy, lessens the mess, and makes baking simple, especially when making small batches.
As always, keep an eye on your cupcakes when baking in a toaster oven. This way, you can get the best results and avoid overbaking your cupcakes.
- Making Brownies in a Toaster Oven
- Baking Biscuits and Cookies in a Toaster Oven
- Can You Bake Cake in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Pie in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Bread in a Toaster Oven?
Image credits – Canva