Brownies are one of the best treats anyone can enjoy anytime, and it’s because it’s pretty easy to make and doesn’t need any fancy ingredients. Another good thing is that you can make it even with a handy toaster oven.
If you have a toaster oven at home and you crave some good old brownies, this article contains all the things you need to know. Here, we answered the frequently asked questions about making brownies in a toaster oven. Thus, you can read through and get some helpful information before making your brownies.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Can you make brownies in a toaster oven?
Yes, you can make brownies in a toaster oven. However, there are a few advantages to baking with a toaster oven.
For starters, the toaster oven heats up faster than a standard oven. Another advantage is that it does not heat the entire kitchen. As a result, this recipe is quite helpful throughout the summer!
Simply use the proper smaller baking pan while using the toaster oven. Disposable aluminum pans work great.
Related: Baking in a Toaster Oven
Can you bake brownies in a convection toaster oven?
Yes, you can bake brownies in a convection toaster oven. A fan circulates hot air across the oven cavity in a convection oven. Furthermore, convection ovens bake roughly 25% quicker than traditional ovens. So you may use them to make anything, even brownies.
If you want to bake brownies in a convection toaster oven, you may find these steps helpful as your guide and instructions.
- Set your convection oven to 300 degrees F and preheat it for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply some cooking spray with non-fat cooking spray or some butter.
- Prepare brownies according to the recipe of your choosing.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F and bake the pan for 25 minutes. Then, of course, you can turn the heat up and lessen the cooking time. However, this setting ensures a good brownie cook.
- Allow the brownies to cool fully before removing them from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to bake brownies in a toaster oven?
If you have a toaster oven and want to bake brownies using such, you can follow these steps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter, egg yolks, coffee, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Incorporate chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Pour the ingredients into a small baking pan that has been prepared with butter. Bake the brownies for 15 minutes if you want a moist center or 20 minutes if you want a bready center.
- Allow for 5 minutes to cool before cutting and distributing.
If you want, you can substitute cacao for cocoa powder. However, add a small amount of baking soda if you would do this part.
You can also strengthen the chocolatey flavor by adding additional cocoa powder. If you do this part, make sure you don’t put too much liquid as the mixture may get watery.
How long to bake brownies in a toaster oven?
It takes around 15-20 minutes to bake brownies in a toaster oven set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. So if you want chewy and gooey brownies, 15 minutes is enough. However, if you want a cakey texture throughout, go for 20 minutes.
Which setting to use, bake or toast? Find the answer here.
In a nutshell, making brownies in a toaster is an ideal option if you’re only making small batches. Making brownies in a toaster saves a lot of energy while getting the same output as you would in a regular kitchen oven.
Of course, you need to watch your brownies as the temperature in a toaster oven can be tricky to control. But, as long as you do so, you won’t likely go wrong with making brownies.
- Baking Biscuits and Cookies in a Toaster Oven
- Baking Cupcakes in a Toaster Oven
- Can You Bake Cake in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Pie in a Toaster Oven?
- Can You Bake Bread in a Toaster Oven?
Image credits – Canva