Raw food doesn’t necessarily mean cold, not at all and today we’re going to show you one of favorite raw, yet warm, tasty and full flavour recipe. It uses tomatoes and pesto sauce, but still takes just a little while to make. So let’s get started, shall we?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups (500ml) of fresh organic basil
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of olive oil
- 3 organic garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic walnuts
- 5 fresh ripe organic field tomatoes
- 2 organic finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of finely chopped organic italian parsley
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Pesto:
- In a small food processor, put the basil, the garlic cloves, the walnuts and pulse until finely chopped. Add the olive oil and continue pulsing until you get a smooth texture.
For the Tomato sauce:
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Combine the garlic cloves, the parsley and the tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Add the oil, the salt, the pepper and stir until it’s well blended.
- Set it aside for a few minutes, until your pastas are cooked.
- Today I used gluten free pastas, so I had to rinse them. When I combined the pesto and the tomato sauce it was a bit cold so I just warmed them over medium heat for 2 minutes.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“Everything looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.”
“This is sooo nice! What I like most is the freshness of the ingredients, especially that of the fresh tomatoes (which makes it worth it even if you buy organic ones). None of that fake stuff like in some ‘ready to use’ sauces… And adding parsley instead of basil? That IS an Italian thing!!! ;-D Thank you Victoria for this recipe; it will definitely be one of my favorites (and I don’t say that very often!).”
“This is a great recipe and I hope you will continue to share your creations with us.”
“I made this sauce for dinner tonight and it was so delicious! It has such a fresh, classic taste. I made “ricotta stuffed shells” with your tomato basil sauce and topped them with your pesto. YUM! Thank you so much Victoria for such a great recipe.”
“I love this recipe, you know it is so good you know that I you know kinda really not kinda obviously really you know cant even write but LOVE IT!”
(Published on June 24, 2016)
Last few words:
Even thou I couldn’t get to the grocery store these past few days because of several reasons, I did manage to get out and visit a few of my favorite places. One of them is the park where we spent so many hours building snow forts started this week. The snow is still there but already melting, it was almost “real” snow! So everybody is happy!
A couple of pictures from our last visit. After that I’m off to spend some time with my family.