Bars are awesome, but cookies are even better! Therefore we hope that you will enjoy the collection of our favorite cookie recipes as much as you did the bars one. Here comes the first one, that I use to call No-guilt double chocolate cookies.
For 24 cookies:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-17 minutes
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic ground flax seeds
- 1 cup + 6tbsp. (250ml+90ml) of water
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic oat flour
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic almond flour
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of tapioca starch
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cocoa powder
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 organic ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax seeds with the water and leave it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Put the chocolate chips in another bowl and melt them in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Put them back in for 30 seconds and let the rest melt by itself. After that it could overcook and it would ruin your chocolate.
- In a small pot cook your dates with 1 cup of water for about 5 minutes, or until it turned into puree.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, the starch, the almond flour, the baking powder, the salt and the cocoa powder.
- Mash your avocado and put it in a big bowl.
- Beat it to get a smooth texture. Add in the date puree and continue to mix.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I love this recipe. I love the fact that you can make them without using dates. My boyfriend likes them that way, but I prefer dates. They are great to take to work for breakfast, too.”
“I think they are very good. I’ve made them 3 times now already! They are delicious and quick to make.”
“I added a few extra tablespoons of almond meal to make sure the cookies stay together better because my dough was very sticky. Yum!”
“A cookie with lots of chocolate, protein and healthy fats! They don’t last long in our house!”
“I’ve made these twice already! They taste great, easy to make and perfect for Sunday brunch.”
“This is so good!”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!