Kids love lasagna, even the veggie one! You can modify this recipe to empty your fridge; with pasta everything tastes good. This lasagna recipe can also be used to make a ready-meal for a weekend; just freeze it and reheat it later.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic coconut oil
- 1 organic cauliflower
- 1 (796ml) organic diced tomatoes
- 1 whole organic garlic head
- 2 small organic onions
- 8 organic mushrooms (it could be more or less, that’s what I had)
- 1 cup (250ml) of fresh parsley
- 6 cups (1.5L) of organic kale leaves
- Italian herb
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) Sambal Oelek (or hot pepper)
- Cooked gluten free lasagnas
- 6 cup (1.5L) of vegan mozzarella cheese
- Take all you veggies and chop them. The garlic can be cut in half only, it will be fine!
- In a medium pot, heat your oil and add in your onions and the garlic. Stir in the mushrooms and the cauliflower. Add the herbs, the salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in the diced tomatoes and the Sambal Oelek. Cook it for 20 minutes until they’re cooked and soft.
- In the meantime, cook your lasagnas according to cooking instructions.
- When your sauce is ready, blend it with a stem mixer or in your food processor until you get a smooth texture. All those veggies disappeared! 🙂 Add in your parsley.
- Start assembling your lasagna. I used a 9″x13″ oven dish. Put 1 layer of sauce, then a layer of pasta. Repeat with your second layer, but add about 3 cups of kale. Quantities can be adjusted depending on what you want. Repeat with the third layer. Finish by covering your last layer of pasta with sauce and cheese.
- Put it in the oven at 375º for 30 minutes.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“This recipe got rave reviews from my entire family, including not only the vegetarians. They thought this was a gourmet dish and not vegan at all.”
“Made this lasagna last night, absolutely loved it! I will be making again WITHOUT ANY DOUBT. The kids even loved it and they never like anything I make… Thank you so much for this recipe!! 1 Thumb Up from both myself and the hubby.”
“WOW, WOW, WOW! We all loved it. I cut down the oil to 1 tbsp and added an extra onion. Great! I also added some paprika for colour (which was not needed).”
“Made this last week. We loved it! Thank you for the great recipe! My husband said that you could tell that there was less cheese than traditional lasagna which is a plus in my book. Will definitely make again!”
“This recipe is delicious and easy to make with ingredients on hand if you are looking for something convenient for dinner. The recipe can be modified easily to accommodate your taste or any allergies.”
“I will be making this again very soon. Like very soon, ‘cause I literally hadn’t had a single bite before my kids managed to eat all of it…”