Have you ever even thought about mixing lentils and coconut milk? Probably not, just like me – until I wanted to have coconut kale, but didn’t have any tofu at home. Otherwise I would have gone for lentils salad anyways, so I simply made combined them. And the result was amazing!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 organic onion
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic dry sprouted lentils
- 400ml of lite organic coconut milk
- 350ml of water
- 1 bundle of kale
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 5-6 organic mushrooms
- 1 cup of organic coriander
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of curry powder
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of shredded coconut
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot, heat the oil and stir in the onion.
- Then add the pepper, the mushrooms, the lentils and mix in the curry powder so it covers your vegetables.
- Put in your kale, some salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes covered.
- Add the coconut milk and scrub the bottom of your pot to get all the juices. Then put the water and cook for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are fully cooked.
- At the end, sprinkle the coconut in your stew to give additional texture and flavour.
- In the meantime, prepare your quinoa or any other side dish and your meal is ready. It’s great on weeknights!
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I really enjoyed this recipe. The tagine was very flavoursome and it tasted delicious! It’s one of the best dishes I’ve tried in a while. Not only did it look good, but it tasted even better! I will definitely be trying this out again soon!”
“I made this and it was so damn good! I love lentils and this tasted great.”
“I made this tonight and my whole family loved it. So if any of you are looking for something different, this is the one. Quick and easy recipe to make.”
“Very tasty! I’ve never cooked with lentils before but after trying this recipe I will definitely use them in other recipes in the future.”
“I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your lentil recipe. It’s a quick, tasty way to make a healthy side dish.”
“I made this lentil curry for dinner yesterday after picking up some coriander, red pepper and kale on my way home from work. It was so delicious! My husband absolutely loved it too, he had seconds and even thirds! I used coconut oil instead of olive oil but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.”
“I just love the coconut-kale combination that you brought to my mind, and I am totally in love with your lentil recipe. Just like your ginger chilli rice, it’s simple, but incredible.”
“I can’t get enough of lentils! I did this with some brown rice noodles instead of the kale. Really incredible!”
“When I’m not blogging, you could assume that I’m at the gym (or moping about over bad diet choices). You can definitely say that this dish is my go-to. It’s super delicious and full of flavour that you would want to eat all day long.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!