We’ve been on a healthy kick lately, experimenting with different types of granola cereals! This one was a success. The recipe is quick and easy, and it tastes amazing. Give it a try the next time you wake up on the wrong side of the bed!
It’s not too late to start eating better this year. Start small by replacing your overly processed cereal with something healthier like this chocolate granola cereal recipe me and my daughter came up with.
And by the way, since cooking is mainly about having fun in the kitchen, this recipe indeed is one of the more entertaining ones! It’s easy, quick, doesn’t use any meat and the result’s just amazing. So let’s dive right into it!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups (750ml) of organic oat flakes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of grounded cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic amaranth puffs
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of chopped organic hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of chopped organic almonds
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raisins
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chopped organic dates
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chopped organic 70% dark chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flakes, the cocoa powder, the cinnamon, the amaranth puffs and the salt.
- Add in the chopped hazelnuts, the, chopped almonds, the chopped walnuts, the raisins, the dates, the melted coconut oil, the maple syrup, the vanilla and the lemon zest. Mix until it’s all well blended.
- Put a parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread you mix evenly.
- Cook it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Mix every 15 minutes.
- When you remove it from the oven, add the chia seed, the hemp seeds and the chocolate chunk. I add it at the end so they stay raw and keep all their nutrients.
- Let your cereals cool before storing them.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“I love this granola! I don’t know how you came up with it, but the ingredients are perfect! The whole family enjoys it. So tasty! Thank you for sharing.”
“The best granola ever!! I’ve been making it for years & it’s always the hit of every party!”
“How can you miss out on an easy recipe like this? This is a very simple yet satisfying breakfast that everyone in the house will enjoy without getting bored.”
“I knew I could do better than the store bought granola bars, because they are way too sugary for my taste. This granola recipe is very tasty and even that little kid loves it!”
“This is a great, healthy breakfast for anyone! It’s easy to make and it tastes delicious. I love the added lemon zest.”
“I’ve been looking for a healthier cereal with a good taste and this one was excellent. Very simple to make and it has so many benefits!”
“I love the fact that almost every ingredient of this recipe is organic. So many people use non-organic foods but they don’t even know what they are missing out on health-wise.