Buying veggie paté at the store can get really expensive, especially when you’re buying it for your whole family. But did you know that you can make your own veggie paté at home very easily and quickly? Using mainly just (preferably organic) vegetables, you can get a juicy paté your kids will be craving for!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1hr 15 minutes
- 1 finely chopped organic onion
- 1 grated organic carrot
- 2 grated organic potatoes
- 1/3 cup (83ml) freshly chopped parsley
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- 2 organic celery branches
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic grounded sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp (45ml) of organic olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic tamari sauce
- Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper if needed
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor with the metal blade and pulse to mix all the ingredients. Not too much to still have a bit of a texture. Put your mixture in a 9″x9″ square oven dish for 1hr and 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely before unmolding it.
- You can serve it in an antipasto plate or in your favourite sandwich. You can also modify the ingredients to your taste.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“This recipe is yummy! I used a whole can of chickpeas, but maybe not the next time. I’ve been making this for a couple of weeks now and my whole family loves it.”
“This recipe has worked out pretty well for us. I would recommend adding a little stevia to substitute for the sugar/honey. Also, if you don’t have celery seed, you may want to omit it.”
“This recipe is amazing!! So quick, easy, healthy and tasty. Everyone loves this! I have made it several times now and just love it!! Thanks for the recipe!!”
“I think that this recipe would be even more delicious if you took out the celery seeds. I didn’t have any celery seed so I used cumin.”
“THIS IS THE BEST! made it for my husband’s 50th birthday party which was vegan/vegetarian and vegan. it was a HUGE hit, I made cornbread to go with it…”
“I thought this turned out great but I did use just half the oil suggested and added about 4 Tbsps of applesauce in place of the rest of the oil.”
“Excellent recipe! I had some left over tofu that needed to be used up. It was easy, healthy and very tasty.”
“This is a tasty way to use tofu or zucchini. I used whole grain baguette and added some cheese on top, baked it for 15 mins and it was delicious!”
“I performed this recipe on a whim and it turned out amazing. We loved the flavor and texture of the paté! I will definitely make again!”
“I am not a vegetarian but I will make this for my husband and kids any time they request it.”