Superfoods are awesome and you can use them to make other things than smoothies, too! All you need is a few quick bites of these healthy-focued energy bites, and you’ll get your day off to an awesome start. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, they’ll carry you through your busy day. So let’s get into the recipe, because it’ll take a little bit longer than usual.
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 2hrs soaking time
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of soaked and pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of dried organic Goji berries
- 1 cup (250ml) of chopped raw almonds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic 70% dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of lucuma powder
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of carob powder
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of mesquite powder
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of raw maca powder
- Organic shredded coconut
- Organic hemp seeds
- Organic sesame seeds
- Soak your dates and your Gogi berries for about 2 hours. It all depends how dry your fruits are. It’s just to rehydrate them a bit. (Save some of the water from the berries for later)
- In the food processor put the dates, the Goji berries, sunflower butter, the almonds, the chocolate chunks, the lucuma, the carob, the mesquite and the maca powder. Pulse it until you get almost like a batter texture. You may need to scape the sides and maybe add some of the water you saved earlier maybe 1 tbsp. (15ml), not too much, you still want to be able to roll them.
- Prepare 3 separate plates with the coconut, hemp seeds and sesame seeds. These are my suggestions but if you prefer something else to roll your bites in, it really is to your taste.
- Take about 2 tbsp. (30ml) at the time and make little balls, maybe like golf balls, then roll them in your plates to cover them.
- You can easily keep them for a week.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“Made them for breakfast, nice combo of flavors. Great way to start the day!”
“Thank you for sharing, I brought them to work and everyone (including the boss, THE BOSS!!!) loved them. And I must say that I’m not feeling so tired at when I eat them for breakfast!”
“Wowzers, energy dicks are nothing, man, this is THE BOMB! Haven’t felt this energetic in a while.”
“Easy to make, tasted amazing, did what it should. Thank you so much!”
“Just devoured two of these bad boys! They are freaking awesome!”
“I took a bite after dinner and it tasted delicious. But when I went to bed, it took a while to fall asleep, haha, haha, haha. Ate another one in the morning, though, and I had a full battery, simply 100% charged again, PERFECT.”
“They’re super delicious. Two little noms before work and I was singing all day long. Highly recommended!!!!!!!”
“Oh my goodness, this is amazing stuff.”
“Such a great recipe, thanks a bunch for sharing this one with us. Love ya!!!”