Do you ever need to eat just something light and simple? Maybe like raw vegetables? If so, we’ve got something for you, buddy. This is a fresh and colorful-looking salad you can make any time. It also isn’t a problem to make a lot of it and keep it for a good two days. So let’s get into it, shall we?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Set aside for 15 minutes
- 3 organic carrots
- 3 organic parsnips
- 2 small organic red onions
- 1 tbsp.(15ml) of chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic parsley
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) of olive oil plus more for the onions
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- To prepare the red onion, you will need to thinly slice them and put them on a plate. Cover them with a little bit of oil and add a bit of salt. Do the same on the other side. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, you will need to shred the carrots and the parsnips.
- Put them in a salad bowl. Add the parsley , the chia seeds, the oil, the vinegar the salt and the pepper.
- Stir the salad and add the onions.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“I made the right decision to use this recipe. I have made it twice now and enjoy very much both times. This way I don’t have to buy 2 different types of salad from the store when I need a light lunch or dinner when time is short. It’s a delicious salad and at least 50% healthier than the ones in a store. And obviously 100% tastier:D!”
“I really love this recipe! Very tasty and the best part is that you can freeze them, they can be handy sometimes when you don’t want to go shopping for all kinds of veggies.”
“This recipe is very good. There is nothing more to add. I really think it’s a great idea when I’m too lazy to go shopping and I want to make a snack or something for lunch. It has always worked for me, but I’m going to try it with some other vegetables too!”
“I was looking for a good healthy salad recipe and this one fits the bill. The only thing I changed was that I added a little bit of organic orange juice to give it a nice citrus flavor. This is a great salad recipe!”
“I made this yesterday and it was awesome! The only thing I did differently was add some croutons for crunch, but somehow they didn’t fit the salad according to my taste. So next time I will just leave them out.”
“This is an awesome salad recipe. I loved it so much that I don’t know why should I try another one.”
“This is a great salad to make on the weekends when you have 3 or 4 hours free for cooking and to enjoy your day too! It’s really yummy and super easy to make.