Substituting meat with tofu may be hard for many people, because it is a pretty tough challenge to give decent flavor to it and even then many people who aren’t used to eating it usually won’t enjoy the taste. This doesn’t apply in this case, though, so if you’re looking for a way to get your friends (or even yourself) into tofu, this is what you’ve been looking for!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup (82.5ml) of olive oil
- 250g of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) of fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 tsp.(5ml) of curry powder
- 398ml of organic coconut milk
- Baby Bok Choys
- 1 organic broccoli
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of fresh coriander
- Slice the tofu and place paper towel in between to remove the excess of water. I use a book to press and I leave it for about 10 minutes. In the
- meantime, I prepare the marinade by mixing the olive oil, the garlic and the ginger. Then cut the tofu into small cubes and add it to your marinade. Leave it for about 2 hours.
- In a big pan, heat a bit of oil and put in the curry powder, it will bring out the flavour. Mix in the tofu, the onion, the pepper, the broccoli, and cover the ingredients with the curry.
- Add the coconut milk, and cook for 10 minutes before you cook the Bok Choys. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Combine the coriander 5 minutes before serving, so you get the most out of the herb.
- I served on rice vermicelli’s, everybody loved it!
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“Vegan, organic and full of antioxidants. Need I say more?”
“The best dish in the world. My favourite recipe ever!”
“Oh my! This is so good! I don’t have a huge appetite, so one portion is still nice.”
“This was so delicious and easy to make. I almost finished it all on my own.”
“I just had the best meal ever and what was even better was that I didn’t feel like it at all. It was perfect.”
“This is my new favourite dish! All the ingredients blend so well together and you definitely don’t need oil with this dish. Definitely a 5 star recipe! :)”
“This is not only delicious but easy to make as well. The ginger gave it such a nice flavour.”
“Best tofu curry I’ve ever had!! This will be a great comfort food for me for sure, and I love that it’s vegan and gluten free.”
“Simple, yummy and easy. I ate the entire portion in one sitting. Definitely a keeper!”
“The tofu is a soft and tender texture not silky smooth soft like most tofu however it is definitely very tasty.”
“i can’t believe someone has been stupid enough to make this recipe without the ginger. i love you.”
“I didn’t have any curry powder so I used paprika instead. It was delicious but it tasted more like a vegetable stew than a curry.”
“I didn’t have any coconut milk, so I just used water. I still liked it.”
“The tofu is amazing in texture and taste! The coconut milk added just the right amount of flavor!”
“Tofu’s blandness can be an issue, but this recipe made me eat my tofu for the first time in ages!”