Tofu can be tasty and interesting. Do you not believe me? Try those awesome “meat”balls and you will!!
Preparation time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 454 g of organic extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp. of organic tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup of coriander
- 1/4 cup of italian parsley
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. of Chia seeds
- 2tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free bread crumb
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a food processor, pulse the tofu to finely chop it until it’s like grain. Finely chop the parsley, the garlic and the coriander.
- In a bowl, combine the the tofu, the herbs, the Chia seeds the olive oil and the tamari sauce. let it marinate for an hour.
- Add the egg and the bread crumbs. Prepare little meatballs.
- Cook them in a non stick pan in a bit of oil over medium heat.
- Then put your meatballs on a cookie sheet to finish the cooking in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. You can fully cook them in your pan, but I like the result of this combinati
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“Hi, I made the tofu meatballs and they were great. I followed your recipe with just a few changes. They were a big hit with my meat loving family.”
“Hi, my name is Linda and I’m from Toledo, Spain. Never ever in my life have I ever eaten anything like these meatballs. Those were really delicious and very filling.”
“I want to keep working on a vegan diet in order to save the planet and the animals. This is a great aid when you’re vegan.”
“I made these for my friends from the gym when they came over to help me celebrate when I had been vegetarian for 7 months already….Everyone thought that was super delicious.”
“I would like to make vegetarian meals for dinner sometimes because we both like them better and this recipe sounds perfect.”
“My daughter was the one who found it and she made it for her friends at school and they liked them a lot and she’s quite proud of that. Love your blog! Please come visit us!”
“I’ve been vegetarian for about a year now, but I made meatballs with the recipe from you before that time, when I was still eating meat. This is actually my favorite meatball recipe.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!