Celebrate love and add a splash of color to your Valentine’s Day brunch with these charming and delightful Valentine’s Day Jello Shots. Whether you’re aiming for a romantic touch or a fun, festive feel, these shots, with their vibrant layers of pink and red, are the perfect addition to your special day.
They offer versatility, as you can easily adapt them to be either spirited with a touch of coconut rum for adults or kept non-alcoholic for kids. These visually appealing and delicious treats are sure to bring smiles and add an extra layer of sweetness to your Valentine’s celebrations.
How to Prepare Valentine’s Day Jello Shots
Creating the Pink Layer:
- Begin by blending the watermelon Jell-O with boiling water in a small mixing bowl. Stir rigorously for about two minutes to ensure the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add white coconut rum to the mixture, integrating it thoroughly.
- Carefully pour this mixture halfway into each shot glass.
- Chill these in the refrigerator, allowing them to solidify for approximately 60 minutes.
Crafting the Red Layer:
- In a separate bowl, combine boiling water with strawberry-banana Jell-O, stirring diligently for up to two minutes to dissolve the gelatin entirely.
- Mix in white coconut rum to this blend.
- Gently add this mixture to the set pink layer in the shot glasses, filling them to the top.
- Refrigerate again, this time for 60 to 90 minutes, until they are firmly set.
Adding the Final Touches:
- Once set, embellish the jello shots with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle heart-shaped sprinkles over the top for a festive and romantic finish.
Ready to Serve:
Serve these layered jello shots and enjoy the sweet celebration of love and joy on Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Jello Shots
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cup white coconut rum
- 1 box watermelon jello 6oz
- 1 box strawberry and banana jello 6oz
- heart sprinkles
- whipped cream
Pink Layer Preparation:
- Combine boiling water with watermelon Jell-O in a bowl, ensuring the gelatin is completely dissolved by stirring for two minutes.
- Mix in the white coconut rum thoroughly.
- Pour this pink mixture into the shot glasses, filling up to half.
- Refrigerate for an hour until the layer is set.
Red Layer Preparation:
- Mix strawberry-banana Jell-O with boiling water in a new bowl, stirring for two minutes to dissolve the gelatin.
- Add white coconut rum and blend well.
- Pour this red mixture over the set pink layer in the shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes until firm.
Adding Whipped Cream and Sprinkles:
- Once set, top each jello shot with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle heart decorations on top for a festive look.
- Enjoy these sweet, layered jello shots as a part of your Valentine’s Day celebration!
Storing Valentine’s Day Jello Shots
To maintain the freshness and texture of your Valentine’s Day Jello Shots, keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve. If you need to store them for a longer period, cover each shot glass with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It’s best to add the whipped cream and heart sprinkles just before serving, to ensure they remain fresh and visually appealing.