Pumpkins get often thrown away, but there are better things to do with them – pumpkin soup is a popular one, have you ever combined it with coconut, though? We did and we can assure you it’s delicious!
Serving: 6 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- A bit of organic sunflower oil or organic coconut oilRoasted pumpkin
- 2 organic red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of curry powder
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic red lentils
- 5 cups (1.25L) of water
- 1 can (400ml) of organic coconut milk (I used the reduced fat version since it is in a soup)
- 3 cup of organic Roasted pumpkin
- 1 cube of organic vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and stir in the chopped onions.
- Add in the garlic cloves that you previously cut in 4 pieces, the curry powder, the vegetable broth cube and the red lentil. Mix it well and cook them for about 5 minutes. Add some salt and pepper.
- Put your water one cup at the time until it starts to boil. Then incorporate your coconut milk. Cook it for 10 minutes then mix in your pumpkin. Continue the cooking for 5 minutes.
- When your soup is cooked, blend with a hand blender until you get a smooth texture. Adjust the seasoning before serving.
What do our readers say about this?
“This was delicious!! Thank you!”
“Very versatile and tasty, we really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing this recipe!”
“I tried this recipe and it’s absolutely delicious! I will definitely make it again and again, and the kids love it as well!!”
“I tried this soup and I can say that it is very tasty. It is not only tasty, but also easy to make.”
“I made this for my family with some modifications. I used unsweetened coconut milk instead of sweetened (because I like the taste more) and added some curry powder to add a little kick.”
“This soup is delicious and I am planning on making it again and again. It’s a very lovely and creamy coconut and pumpkin flavor!!!”
“Love this! I omit the lentils, but otherwise follow directions. Delicious.”
“I love this soup, I eat it when ever I feel like something warm and filling. I like to add kabocha to mine.”
“Absolutely delicious! I was skeptical about the curry in pumpkin soup but it turned out great! Even my husband loved it!”
“The flavour is delicious, but the texture is still a little gritty even after blending. What did you do for the texture?”
“I didn’t make any substitutions in this recipe because its so good just by itself. The flavor of the spices blends well together and gives that coconut-y pumpkin flavor that everyone will love.”
“I just love making pumpkin soup, it’s great to give to your family or friends during the holidays. If you love the soup, be sure to check out our pumpkin cornbread recipe!”
“My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the recipe. He loved it so much he ate three bowls!”