Do you like type of soups that can be eaten on its own and doesn’t leave you hungry, when you don’t make another course with them? Yes? Then you definitely must try this carrot and orange soup. Grab just a piece of gluten free bread and you made yourself a dinner!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 5 cups (1250ml) of water
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 organic carrots
- 1 cup (250ml) of orange juice
- 1 potato
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of red lentils
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of white beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of curry powder
- 1 cube of organic vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot over medium heat with a bit of coconut oil, soften the onion. Add the garlic cloves, the carrots, the potato that were coarsely chopped, the lentils and the white beans.
- Cook them for 5 minutes. Mix in the curry powder so it covers the vegetables, then gradually add the water and the vegetable broth.
- Let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- With a hand mixer, blend the vegetables so it makes a smooth texture.
- Add the orange juice, the salt and pepper if needed.
What do our readers say about this?
“My husband and I loved this soup! It was delicious and very easy to make. We used a lot of thyme in our soup, but it would have been nice to have a few more orange peels at the end for extra color.”
“I tried to make a carrot and orange soup, but it wasn’t very good.”
“The soup was tasty and I enjoyed it very much. I will definitely make this again and again.”
“The soup wasn’t that good. It tasted like your average vegetable soup.”
“The carrots and orange juice, while delicious together, did not go well with the lentils.”
“The soup was very tasty. I would serve it to guests again. Thank you for another great recipe.”
“I really liked carrot and orange soup, but thought if I made it again I may add more orange juice next time so it is thicker.”
“I should have used a lot more carrots and orange juice so it wouldn’t be so bland.”
“My wife loved carrot and orange soup. I don’t know why she loved it so much, but she did. The only problem is that I can never get a recipe from her.”
“I thought carrot and orange soup was amazing. My partner didn’t care for it at all. I will definitely make this again.”
“I think you should have added a lot more carrots and orange juice to the recipe. It would have been much better that way.”
“Veganism is not so much about what you don’t eat as it is about what you do eat! Whether you are looking to make a lifestyle change or simply try something new for yourself and your family, The Art of Being Vegan covers the most up-to-date and relevant information you will need to make this step towards a more vegan lifestyle.”