There may be many reasons why you decided not to eat eggs, but I doubt the one is you don’t like them. I miss egg salad a lot, so I decided to make “no-eggs” salad instead! It’s quicker and simplier, since you don’t have to wait for your eggs to boil.
Preparation time: 15 minute
- 1/2 block or 225g of organic tofu
- 1 finely chopped organic celery stalk
- 1/2 finely chopped organic red bell pepper (or any colour)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of finely chopped fresh parsley (or any fresh herb)
- 1 medium grated organic carrot
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of plain almond yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Organic nori sheets
- Rice sheets
- Dice your tofu and put it in a small food processor, pulse until you get a crumbled texture, close to a traditional egg salad.
- Now, prepare your salad dressing in a small bowl, you combine the mayo, the yogurt, the turmeric, the lemon juice, the salt and the pepper.
- Put in a medium bowl, the crumbled tofu, the celery stalk, the bell pepper, the parsley and the nutritional yeast.
- Now, you just have to assemble your tofu mix with your dressing. Leave it aside for 5 minutes, so the flavours can blend. There it is, just as simple as that!
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I made this last night for my boyfriend, his mom and myself. What a surprise! I am not vegan but I love to cook with tofu and find new recipes which are also healthy. This one was just great! It doesn’t look like egg salad, of course, but it tastes like it. You feel like you are eating something familiar, but you aren’t. Thank you for sharing this recipe on your wonderful blog :)”
“It is very difficult for me to make vegan food (I’m not vegan) but I’m trying to eat more organic.”
“I made this recipe to take to a dinner party. The dinner party was not vegan. So I thought this would be the perfect dish to bring because I knew it would be enjoyed by all – vegan and non-vegan alike. Everyone really liked it! Personally, I didn’t think the tofu was all that tasteful on its own, but when combined with the other ingredients, it was great! Mixing it up with some nori crumbs gave the salad a nice crunch that everyone liked. The only thing I will do next time is double the amount of dressing – because everybody wanted more!”
“YES!! It has become my go to meal every time i have people eating over.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!