I had to make a quick dinner today and that obviously means raw and that obviously means pesto! Since I was making a vegan version of the pesto, I used hemp seeds instead of parmesan cheese and even though it doesn’t taste quite the same, it at least added a really similiar texture to the meal.
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 4 cups (1000ml) of organic kale
- 2 cup (500ml) of organic basil
- 3 organic garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of olive oil
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the kale’s stem and keep the leaves only. A tip: I use the stem to dip it in hummus while I prepare supper!
- In a food processor, put the kale, the basil and the garlic cloves and pulse until finely chopped.
- Continue mixing and gradually add the olive oil, the hemp seeds, the salt and the pepper. It’s ready when you have a smooth texture.
- There is not much else to do other than to cook your pastas and that’s it, quick and easy!
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“Pesto is one of my favorite things and I just love making it at home. A great recipe, thanks for sharing.”
“This is a great pesto recipe. Made this with the pistachio version and it was delicious.”
“This is such a delicious pesto! It’s so versatile and I am sure we will be making it once a week!”
“I usually use cashews in my recipes but I saw you used hemp seeds and wanted to give them a try.”
“This recipe is amazing! I love it. I added a bit of thyme and some extra parmesan for a smaller taste.”
“I love pesto and tomatoes, thus I tried this one. It’s amazing. My only addition was half the amount of basil and some salt.”
“It’s really easy to make, fresh and really tasty”
“I can’t believe I just cooked this on my own and didn’t know about it! It was so good, I ate more than half on my own!”
“Loved this pesto. The eggplant that we had with it was also very good.”
“Just made your pesto and I love it ! It was very easy and quick to mix up, and the taste of the hemp makes me feel like am eating something super healthy! Thanks for inspiring me to use more of it .”
“I just got started but really liked the look of them on the website , Thanks!”
“Your blog is awesome. I just ordered your book. Looking forward to many many hours of recipes and great food.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!