Valentine’s Day is synonymous with love, and what better way to express it than through delightful, homemade cookies? These Strawberry Cookies, bursting with the flavors of strawberry Jell-O, white chocolate chips, and a hint of vanilla, are the perfect treat to add a touch of sweetness to your celebration.
Soft, chewy, and irresistibly good, these cookies are a testament to the magic of simple ingredients coming together in a harmonious blend. Whether you’re baking for a special someone, a family gathering, or simply treating yourself, these cookies are a charming way to spread the love this Valentine’s Day.
How to Prepare These Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Start the Magic: Preheat your oven to a warm 350°F (175°C), setting the stage for cookie magic.
- Creamy Beginnings: In a capacious bowl, unite softened unsalted butter, sugar, and strawberry Jell-O mix. Employ a hand mixer to blend them into a creamy, dreamy mixture. Following this, introduce eggs and vanilla extract, continuing to mix until they’re well-acquainted.
- Dry Ingredient Waltz: In a different bowl, orchestrate a mix of all-purpose flour, white chocolate instant pudding, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Gradually merge this dry ensemble into the buttery mixture, ensuring each addition is well mixed.
- The Final Stir: Introduce white chocolate chips to the mixture, folding them in gently, ensuring they’re evenly dispersed.
- Shaping Love: Utilize a small cookie scoop to shape the dough into 1½-inch balls of love. Arrange these on a greased baking sheet, leaving room for a little spreading.
- Baking Moments: Bake these beauties for 9–10 minutes, just until they start to whisper of golden perfection.
- The Cooling Ritual: Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet momentarily, then transfer them to a cooling rack, letting them achieve the perfect texture.
Valentine’s Day Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3.4-ounce package white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce bag white chocolate chips
- Begin by Preheating: Set your oven to a cozy 350°F (175°C) to warm up for baking.
- Creaming Components: Take a large bowl and blend softened butter, sugar, and strawberry Jell-O mix until creamy. Follow this by mixing in eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Combining Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, white chocolate instant pudding, baking soda, and salt. Gradually incorporate this into your creamy mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Adding the Chocolaty Touch: Gently fold in the white chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly spread throughout the dough.
- Forming the Cookies: Using a small scoop, form the dough into 1½-inch balls and place them on a greased baking sheet, spaced apart.
- Baking Time: Let the cookies bake for 9–10 minutes, until they are just right.
- Cooling Down: After baking, let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for a short while before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storing the Valentine’s Day Cookies
To keep the cookies as delightful as the moment they came out of the oven, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll stay fresh and delectable for up to a week. If you want to extend their shelf life, you can freeze the cookies for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container. Just remember to let them thaw at room temperature before serving, to bring back their soft, chewy goodness.