Finding just the right vegan recipe for pancake may be a hard task, if you don’t make this extremely popular (not only) breakfast dish at least once a month, your kids will most likely kill you, though. And you probably love them, too, so don’t hesitate and try this recipe I made for breakfast this morning!
For 26 pancakes:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes/pancake
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic millet flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic almond meal
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of organic corn starch (or tapioca starch)
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of chia seeds
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of salt
- 2 tbsp. (10ml) of baking powder
- 3 cups (750ml) of almond milk
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of organic sunflower oil
- 1 mashed organic banana
- 1tsp.(5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- Frozen fruits (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries…) (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, the quinoa flour, the millet flour, the almond flour, the corn starch, the chia seeds, the hemp seeds, the baking powder and the salt.
- In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, the almond milk, the maple syrup, the vanilla, the sunflower oil and the vinegar.
- Incorporate your liquid to your flours and mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Over medium heat, spread a bit of sunflower oil with a paper towel on your pan and pour in approximately 1/2 cup (125ml) of batter. At that stage, I add some fruits on top. When you see that your pancake has little holes and seems dry, you turn it down. and you cook until it’s golden.
- The last step: you eat it with a bit of maple syrup and enjoy!
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“This recipe is a good base for all sorts of pancakes. If you add a couple spoonfuls of flour at a time to make the batter thicker you can cook it up in a pan turning it when one side is cooked golden brown. Cut in half and spread with some vegan margarine, you have crepes or it can be eaten as is with fruit or jam, etc. I love this recipe and my wife is very happy I’m not eating eggs for breakfast!”
“I tried this recipe with many different ingredients and different sets of ingredients every time I would get the same result. Perfect pancakes! So quick and easy.”
“Made it with rice flour, yummy! Easy to make and sweet enough for me.”
“Tasty. Easy. Quick. No weird ingredients that I can’t be bothered to find in the supermarket. Very nice!”
“This is a great recipe, easy to make, very tasty! I thought it might be too sweet for me but it was perfect!”
“I made this because i had no milk/eggs/flour or oil at home . I mixed dates,bananas,oatmeal ,and cinnamon powder . It came out amazing !!!”