Who doesn’t like granola bars, one of the best handy snacks out there? But when you look at the list of ingredients on the bought ones, it usually contains a lot of corn, which many of us don’t really like. Did you know that it can be easily replaced by organic raw blue agave syrup, though? If not, start reading. Or even better, cooking!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic rolled oat (gluten free if needed, like Bob’s Red Mills)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) of organic quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of grounded organic flax seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of raisin
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raw cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of ground ginger
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of sunflower butter
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of vanilla
- 6 tbsp. (180ml) of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 100ml Organic raw blue agave syrup
- about 2 tbsp. (30ml) of water (more or less if needed, your whole mixture has to be moist.)
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Put all dry ingredients in a big bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the sunflower butter, the vanilla, the butter, the syrup.
- Combine everything together and add a bit of water if needed. You need it to be moist.
- You will need to put it in a 8″x13″ greased pan and lightly press your mix. I put parchmin paper, it is easier to handle.
- Put it in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool. If its too hot, it won’t hold too well.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“I made them exactly as you did and they are SO GOOD!! I had some on my way to work this morning, and I am so happy I had the foresight to make them yesterday. We are having a birthday party for my husband’s mom on Saturday, so I might have some for me while everyone is at the party :).”
“Maybe these will help with Grandma’s arthritis? My grandma suffers from arthritis in her knees. It seems that anytime she eats food with corn in it, her joints get stiff. And she can be in some really horrible pain…does anyone else have this issue? Maybe your granola recipe might help.”
“I hate the granola bars from those health food stores. Those are very high in sweeteners and have a ton of stuff in them. These are just perfect, not too sweet and very tasty!”
“I made this recipe without the chocolate chips and it is soooo good! It’s like a gooey banana nut bread. So good, and easy too!”
And did you know that you’re probably going not to regret eating this? You do, you do, you do, so don’t do no hesitate do ok do-doo and come and do it and eat it and taste it and you’re going to be happy really trust me boi!