My kids love cookies, but they maybe love them a bit too much. Therefore, I have to come up with new recipes for this popular snack all the time, which gets harder and harder. Today I decided to use sesame.
For 18 cookies:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) of organic quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) of organic rice flour
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) of organic tapioca flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- 1tbsp. (15ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 3tbsp. (45ml) of water
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) of vegan butter
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of vanilla
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) of organic chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Combine the flax seeds and the water and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Put together the flours, the salt and the baking soda.
- In a bigger bowl, cream the butter and the sugar. Mix the flour in and add the vanilla, the flax seeds, and the sesame seeds.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix it all well.
- Take about 2 tbsp. (30ml) of batter and put it on a cookie sheet.
- Cook them for 15-18 minutes, until they turn golden.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I’ve tried to make this recipe, but the cookies turned out so hard. I have no idea what went wrong. What are your thoughts about them? I don’t think it’s me because the first time I read the recipe I thought they’ were going to turn out great, but they didn’t. Do you think there was something wrong with my ingredients?”
“I’d like to know if you think this is a good, gluten free and vegan cookies recipe.”
“I make a lot of gluten free recipes and this is my favorite. I often make it for my wife who does not eat gluten AND vegan. She loves them. One of her favorite treats! Thanks for sharing.”
“This is a great recipe…makes a great no bake cookie…I use the gluten-free flour mix that has the sesame seeds in it..instead of course, I always do! Thanks!”
“Awesome! I’m not a big fan of sesame seeds, but these cookies are really good.”
“Tried it – never made from scratch before – tough cookies. Not sure what went wrong though….gave some to the neighbor to try…”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!