Pumpkins get often thrown away, but there are better things to do with them – have you ever thought about making pumpkin cookies?
For 24 cookies:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15-18 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of gluten free all purpose flour (mix of white and brown rice flour)
- Roasted pumpkin1/2 cup (125ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 cup (250ml) of mashed Roasted pumpkin
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a medium bowl combine the all-purpose flour, the sorghum flour, the coconut flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, the cinnamon and the salt.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the butter, the mashed pumpkin, the maple syrup, the almond milk and the vanilla until it’s all well blended.
- Add in the flours and continue mixing.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Place the batter on a cookie sheet.
- Place it in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden, depending on your oven.
- When they’re cooked, place your cookies on a wired rack to cool down.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“I made this for my family and they loved it. Will be making again soon!”
“I love pumpkin, but I’ve never tried making something with coconut flour. These cookies are delicious!”
“These are so delicious, you can even make them without chocolate chips if you don’t like them.”
“I made these cookies for my boyfriend because he doesn’t like pumpkin at all. He told me they’re amazing!”
“My son loves chocolate chips, but I don’t let him eat too many because I don’t want him to become fat. However, these cookies are actually healthy, so he can eat as many as he wants!”
“What a perfect recipe for the pumpkin season!”
“These cookies are so delicious! I can eat them all day long!”
“I love this recipe! My favorite pumpkin cookies ever!”
“I am vegan, and I was struggling to find really good desserts for me. I wish I could eat this every day, though!”
“I used to love classic pumpkin cookies and this is the closest vegan (and gluten-free as well!) alternative I’ve come to!”
“I used to love those old fashioned pumpkin cookie rings. Now, I can’t find them. This recipe is actually even better than the original!”
“This recipe doesn’t contain any fake ingredients and it’s absolutely delicious! It tastes like real pumpkin cookies, but without all the calories!”
“It’s so good – just like my grandma’s cookies.”
“My whole family loved these cookies! They’re also the perfect Thanksgiving dessert!”