The maple syrup season has come, meaning the best time to make pancakes is here, folks! Therefore, I decided to share my new recipe with you, ‘cause I just recently found out that Chia seeds could be used to make pancakes, too!
For 11 small pancakes:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 to 6 minutes (for each pancake)
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 (125ml) cup of gluten free baking mix (gluten free flour)
- 1/4 (62.5ml) cup golden cane sugar
- 1 tsp.(5ml) of baking soda (or 2 tsp. of baking powder)
- 1/2 (125ml) cup chocolate Chia Goodness
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) of coconut milk (So Delicious is the one I used)
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Then gradually add the eggs, the milk and the vanilla. Mix everything together until you get a smooth texture.
- In a pan, pour 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook them 2-3 minutes on each side.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“Chocolate chia pancakes”
“Usually, when I get home from work, the first thing I do is to feed my 6 year old son. Because of that, dinner can’t be too complicated for me. By the time he gets to the table, I would like to have everything ready. Therefore, many times I just prepare an omelet or a scrambled egg with vegetables. But ever since I got your “Chocolate chia pancakes” recipe in my mailbox, well…. Things have changed! Now he asks for this pancakes whenever he gets home from school.”
“This is my second try at your recipe and I like it! I used plain whole wheat flour and buckwheat and the result was delicious!”
“Thanks for sharing this information with all of us. The pancakes came out great and we didn’t even need syrup. We also put the mixture in a blender to make our own protein shake mix, too!”
“My family loves this recipe! Made it for breakfast today, easy to make and very tasty. Thank you so much!”
“I made these three days in a row for Thanksgiving, two years ago & have been making them ever since EVERY FREAKING WEEK…We still love them, though, I just feel kinda stuck to be fair and honest, you know?”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!