Everyone likes a big and tasty breakfast sometimes and what is a better choice than pancakes? Those blueberry and chocolate ones will be enjoyed by your whole family and since you can warm up leftovers next day or freeze them, you can also make more and leave them for later!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes (for each pancake)
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup (82ml) of arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of salt
- 2 tbsp. (15ml) of baking powder
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 6tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of hemp seeds
- 3 cups (750ml) of almond milk
- 3tbsp. (45ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (82ml) of organic melted coconut oil
- Blueberry and chocolate pancakes1 mashed organic mashed banana
- 1tsp.(5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the grounded flax seeds and the water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or with a good knife, finely chop the chocolate chunks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, the sorghum flour, the quinoa flour, the arrowroot starch, the salt, the baking powder.
- Mix in the almond milk, the flax seeds mix, the maple syrup, the mashed banana, the coconut oil, the vinegar, the vanilla extract.
- Once you get a smooth batter, mix in the chocolate and the blueberries.
- Heat you pan and add a bit of oil so it doesn’t stick. Pour in 1/2 cup (125ml) of batter. Wait until you see holes on top before you flip them.
- Serve them with maple syrup. It’s spring!!!! 🙂
What do our readers say about this?
“Thanks for this awesome recipe! I can’t wait to try it with the blueberries. I love blueberry pancakes but haven’t had any in years. Thank you again!”
“Your pancakes are amazing!!!! And so easy to make! My son has a tree nut allergy and is also gluten free.”
“I am so glad I found this recipe – it is sooooooo good – the boys love them and we will be having pancakes for breakfast regularly – we even used the leftovers to bake breads and rolls! Thank you!”
“This is an awesome recipe. The coconut oil helps with keeping them light. Adding the blueberries gives them extra sweetness that you would not know was there before.”
“[The] muffins were very easy to make and very tasty. I had never made a gluten free muffin before, but after trying a few recipes I decided to try this one.”
“It is great for a gluten free muffin. I am going to try more of your recipes.”
“I love this recipe. I made the blueberry pancakes with almond milk and my kids loved them.”
“We made these pancakes for breakfast today. They were moist, full of flavor, and perfect for a chilly April morning. Loved the addition of the berries.”
“I love this recipe. I’m a healthy foodie and a sucker for blueberry pancakes, but I don’t eat them anymore because of wheat issues. This recipe is just what I needed! Thanks!”