Do you like cookies? And are you also tired by the weird taste of those one sold in stores (and don’t even get us started about how “healthy” they are)? No worries, we’ve got you, mate!
- 1 1/4 cup (312.5ml) of organic unbleached flour
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp.(2.5ml) of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.(2.5ml) of ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml)of organic blackstrap molasses
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a bowl, mix in all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, cream butter with sugar and molasses, then add the egg and the bananas. When it’s all well mixed, gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Place the cookie dough on a cookie sheet, the amount you want depending on the size of cookies you want.
- Place them in the oven for about 15min.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“This was good, but I would probably adjust the amount of dates/water to fit my liking. I would like it to be less sweet and more chocolatey, but that might just be me. The texture was very nice and there was not too much liquid in the pan, which is what you need for bars like this to hold together.”
“You can adapt it according your liking by trying to roast the dates less or adding more liquid (only 1/4 cup syrup here). As you can see, our reader Maria L added something different to her recipe liked by many others that came before.”
“I went ahead and made this…i was nervous as I usually don’t like recipes I find on the web…sometimes they turn out very dry. This one turned out great. Like most, I added a little more syrup, but overall it is delicious and moist.”
“I made this recipe without the chocolate chips and it is soooo good! It’s like a gooey banana nut bread. So good, and easy too!”
“[The] muffins were very easy to make and very tasty. I had never made a gluten free muffin before, but after trying a few recipes I decided to try this one.”
“It’s been almost 3 weeks since my son has been diagnosed with celiac disease, and we’ve been doing the gluten-free thing out of necessity instead of choice.”
“How can you go wrong with chocolate and bananas?? I made the recipe as stated the first time, but then added some dessicated coconut to the mix because I was craving it. The second one is great too. I also used walnuts instead of sunflower seeds – delicious! This one’s a keeper.”
“These are so good!! I made them this morning for breakfast and had three before lunch!! Thank you so much…”
If you would like to rate this recipe, please create an account or log in, if you already have one. This way your ratings will be recorded properly (you’ll actually be able to see them when you print or email your blog post).
Gout is an extremely painful arthritis epidemic affecting millions of people every year. Why do I tell you that? I DONT KNOW BECAUSE THIS IS AWESOME I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I love you