Summer means you’re probably going to eat a lot of salads, so it’s good to have some inspiration in your head. I made this one yesterday after the lunch and even though I didn’t eat much, ‘cause I was already full, I can definitely recommend it – and if you don’t trust me, ask my kids, who ruined my plan about eating it after the dinner, too 😀
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of pre-cooked organic quinoa
- 1/2 (125ml) of an organic avocado
- 3 organic radishes
- 1/2 of an organic bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (250ml) of diced raw yellow zucchini
- 1 organic green onion
- 2 garlic scapes
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of baby onion shoots
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic cilantro
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic raw kale
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic chick peas (or any legume you like)
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Dice your avocado, radishes, bell pepper and zucchini. Place your ingredient in a salad bowl.
- Slice the green onion, the garlic scapes, the cilantro and the kale. Add them to the other ingredients.
- Put in the chick peas and the onion shoots.
- Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and squeeze in the juice the lemon, use your fingers to catch any pips.
- Toss your salad very well so all the flavours can blend. Wait 5 minutes before serving so you get the most out of it!
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I liked this recipe because it was a fun way to make a salad. I did not know you could make a salad with quinoa and it turned out really good.”
“I really liked this salad because I had never tried quinoa in a salad before. I also liked the idea of adding cilantro and chickpeas, the other ingredients really went well together.”
“I have to give you kudos on this one! This is probably the best salad I’ve ever had! We tossed it all together and added a sprinkle of salt and pepper…that’s it!! So simple, but so tasty! And even better…”
“Cristina, I love everything you cook, especially your salads. This quinoa salad was so delicious and easy to make. My husband loved it! I made some changes – instead of bell peppers and kale, I used cucumber and baby spinach. Thank you for sharing your great recipes with us!”
“What a salad! My family liked it very much (even my 8 years old daughter), all the flavors were well balanced, there is nothing missing in this salad… everything is perfect together! It was really tasty. So easy to make too, my 6 years old boy helped me prepare it.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!