You probably don’t think these bars might be good, but let me tell you, they’re not only nutritious as hell, but also tasty!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of grounded organic flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of warm almond milk
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1tsp. (5ml) of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic raisin
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of hemp seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds and the almond milk, set it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the coconut oil, the brown sugar, the molasses, the carrot, the flax seeds and the vanilla.
- In another bowl, put together the flours, the cinnamon, and the salt.
- Put the dry ingredient in the molasses mix and add the walnuts, the raisins and the hemp seeds.
- In a 9″x9″ greased bowl, I suggest you place the batter with your hands because it is hard to spread.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Let it cool 5 minute before you transfer it on a wire rack.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“I made these tonight. They were amazing!! I will definitely make them again. I added some mashed banana. The only change is that I baked them for 25 min, which was perfect.”
“I just made these and they were incredible!!! Thank you for this recipe!!”
“This is the best recipe ever! Thank you so much, my son really enjoys it! You rock!”
“These are really good! I made them with roasted hazelnuts and crunchy peanut butter and added chia seeds. They were so yummy!”
“I love these so much! I’ve made them twice and they come out perfect both times. Thanks for this recipe!”
“I made these with the chocolate variation and my husband and I loved them!!!! Thank you for posting this tasty recipe.”
“I made a variation of the recipe, adding mixed nuts and chopped dates. Tastes so delicious!!!!! We have been to a health food store in another city and I have been looking for your recipe to make at home. Thank you!”
“I just made this recipe today, and it’s delicious!!! I used eggs instead of flax eggs, added shredded coconut instead of walnuts, and shredded carrot instead of raisins. I also used the mini muffin pan for smaller bars.”
“I made these the last Friday night and we can’t stop eating them! They are so good! And obviously so much healthier than the junk we usually eat.”
Thank you so much for all of the support you show my recipes, guys, believe it or not, it means a really lot for me. See ya! 🙂