Dive into the world of comfort food with our Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe. This one-pot wonder combines the rich flavors of ground beef, bell peppers, and rice in a tomato-based broth, making it not only easy and quick to prepare but also incredibly satisfying.
Ideal for those chilly nights or when you’re in need of a cozy, budget-friendly meal, this soup promises to warm you up from the inside out.
How to Prepare Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Start with Beef: Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook the lean ground beef until it’s browned, which should take about 3-5 minutes. Remember to break the beef apart as it cooks. Once done, drain any excess fat and set the beef aside.
- Sauté Veggies: Add the diced sweet onion and bell peppers to the pot. Stirring occasionally, cook them until they’re tender, which will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Add Aromatics: Mix in minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook until they become fragrant, about 1 minute, to infuse the soup with their flavors.
- Combine Main Ingredients: Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and previously cooked ground beef. Season the mixture with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your taste. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer to blend the flavors together, about 15-20 minutes.
- Final Touches: Add the cooked white rice and chopped fresh parsley leaves into the soup. Heat them through for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your Stuffed Pepper Soup is ready to be served. Enjoy this hearty, comforting bowl immediately for the best taste.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Brown the Beef: In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium flame. Add the ground beef and cook until it's no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain off any extra fat and put the beef aside.
- Cook the Vegetables: To the same pot, add the diced onion and both bell peppers. Cook them until they soften, stirring now and then, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Flavor: Next, incorporate the garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes into the pot, cooking until the mixture smells aromatic, roughly 1 minute.
- Mix in Tomatoes and Broth: Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and the browned beef back into the pot. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences. Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer, letting it cook until the flavors meld, about 15-20 minutes.
- Incorporate Rice and Parsley: Stir the cooked rice and fresh parsley into the soup, warming through for a couple of minutes.
- Ready to Serve: Once everything is heated through, the soup is ready to be served. Enjoy your delicious Stuffed Pepper Soup immediately.
How to Store Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed Pepper Soup stores beautifully, making it perfect for meal prep or leftovers. Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to airtight containers. It can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. For longer storage, freeze the soup in freezer-safe containers or bags for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat gently on the stove or in the microwave, adding a little broth or water if the soup has thickened too much during storage.