I don’t really enjoy cooking on sunday night, but I definitely feel like having a good meal. So I remembered one of my favorites eggplant recipes, modified it a bit to match what I had in my fridge and here we are: after a bit of work and not even an hour we’re having a dinner of the week. Hope you’ll enjoy it as well!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 organic eggplant
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 celery stalk
- 2 mushrooms (could be more but that’s what I had! 🙂 )
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sun dried black olives
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten free pastas
- Part skim mozzarella cheese (To make it vegan, you could use the Daiya cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Chop all the ingredients. In a bit of oil, cook the onion and the garlic until tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. In the meantime, cook your pastas half the time indicated on the package, it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Mix the pastas and the vegetables and put it in an oven dish. Cover it with cheese and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- At the last minute, put it under broil to grill it.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“My family loved this dish. It tasted like something I would order at a restaurant, but without all the unhealthy additives. My kids thought it was fun to eat the roasted eggplant (and who can argue with that?!).”
“The eggs left an odd after taste, however the over all dish was delicious. I will make again and try with zucchini instead.”
“I made this for date night with my husband and we both loved it! I used a little more eggplant, a red bell pepper and used a gluten free corn pasta. I also used a vegan mozzarella cheese that was recommended in the comments section. Everything went well together and I will definitely make again!”
“I made this tonight.it was wonderful! My husband loved it too. The eggplant melted in your mouth.”
“This was wonderful! I was actually surprised at how delicious it was. I’m not a big eggplant fan, but the flavors in this dish were amazing. This will definitely be added into my recipe box.”
“Where can you purchase this recipe?
Print Recipe page yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 35 min Total Time: 45 min Ingredients olive oil
1 organic eggplant 1 organic onion 2 garlic cloves 3 celery stalk 2 mushrooms 1/2 cup sun dried black olives Fresh thyme Salt and pepper gluten free pastas Part skim mozzarella cheese Instructions Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Chop all the ingredients.
IDK WHAT HAPPENED?! HELP I AINT TRYING TO STEAL”
Love you all thanks for all of these awesome reviews baby I AM SO SO SO SO SO MUCH MUCH MUCH HAPPY THAT I KNOW Y’ALL! I know I am a good cook, but it is good to see so many people realizing it too – I know I am really cool – I know there ain’t nothing I can’t do – and you know I’m going to – probably sometime soon – do a boo – at you.