Getting just the right combination of flours when you can’t use wheat may be a hard task. So why don’t just follow this recipe to get the softest and tastiest gluten free muffins out there?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For 12 muffins:
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of rice flour
- 1 cup (250ml) of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of almond flour
- 3/4 tsp. (3.75ml) of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp. (3.75ml) xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of vegan butter
- 1/4 cup of sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of yogurt
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla1/2 cup (125ml) of almond milk
- 1 cup (250ml) of dates
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- In a bowl mix all the flours, the baking soda, the xanthan gum and the salt.
- In an another bowl, mix the eggs, the sugar, the vegan butter, the oil, the yogurt, the almond milk and the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mix and add the balance of the ingredients.
- Distribute the batter evenly in you muffin tin.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes or until your knife comes out dry.
- Let the cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“These muffins were super delicious and very soft. I also liked the fact that they don’t use any type of flour, as I am always avoiding those as I don’t eat it as much as before. I will definitely make these again”
“These muffins were very nice and tasty, but they used quinoa flour, which made them a bit more chewy than I like.”
“These muffins have a nice texture and are very soft. I also found them to be pretty tasty, but a bit more sweet than I prefer. The raisins and chocolate chips added a great depth of flavor.”
“I really enjoyed these muffins, especially the texture of the raisin banana muffin.”
“This was my first time making vegan muffins and I loved it! They were very moist and tender.”
“I have tried this recipe and my family loved it, they were amazed that it was vegan.”
“These are delicious! I eat them for breakfast or as a snack. I make them almost every week now.”
“These are really good muffins, but they are not gluten free. The recipe calls for wheat flour, but substituting with rice flour would make the recipe gluten free.”
“My family said it tastes too healthy. I’m not a big fan of quinoa flour so I won’t be making these again.”
“I really like this recipe, but I put in more chocolate chips than what the recipe called for. It was so good! My husband also liked them, he is not vegan or gluten free, but he can still eat them. Overall, I would say that these muffins are delicious and very moist.”
“These muffins were really delicious.”