Lentils can be made in countless ways, so we’ve come up with this recipe just to give you some ideas; we enjoyed it this way, but you obviously can modify this recipe to fit you!
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic Du Puy lentils
- 1 cube of organic vegetable broth
- 3 cup (750ml) of water
- 5 or 6 leafs of organic kale
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 grated organic carrot
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) of organic sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your lentils in the vegetable broth for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. Drain the excess of water.
- At the same time, cook your quinoa according to the instruction. It take about 15 minutes to cook.
- In the meantime, cut your pepper, the kale and grate the carrot.
- In a salad bowl, mix the olive oil, the vinegar, the mustard, the salt and pepper. Combine the vegetables, the sesame seeds, the hemp seeds and the lentils that are still hot. Stir everything so all the flavours blend, the lentils absorb the dressing and the kale gets softer.
- Put it on your quinoa and there goes your quick meal.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“Did not make it, but would love to. Our love for lentils knows no bounds!”
“Loved this! Quick, tasty, healthy…what more can you ask for!! Thanks!”
“[I used] red peppers instead of bell peppers (was out), because I like them better. It was delicious.”
“Delicious! I subbed the oil with coconut butter and subbed the sesame seeds with pumpkin seeds – perfect meal. Thanks for great recipe.”
“Great recipe! Quick and tasty dinner…thank you for helping to fill our tummies!!”
“This looks so good! And so easy too 🙂 Thank you so much!”
“Awesome recipe , made it last night.”
“It is very good and easy to make, I love the taste it has. I would love to see more recipes like this!”
“I made this last night for my boyfriend who is obsessed with lentils. It was amazing! I will definitely be making it again! Thanks!”
“My husband LOVES lentils. He also likes me to cook them for him using different ways. This recipe is unreal! Thank you so much!”
“Lentils are not my favorite, but this recipe has changed my mind about them! It has the perfect blend of flavours.”
“This is so delicious! And it doesn’t take long to make either.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!