Like many other people, I thought that buying legumes in cans is the only way to do it, that to buy dry, and then soak to cookthe next day is a nearly impossible task. But actually, it is easy. Like really easy! Just keep an eye on the amount of salt and you should be okay.
Preparation time about: 15 minutes
Cooking time about: 20-30 minutes
- Coconut oil
- 2 small onions
- 4 green onions
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) fresh ginger
- 2 cups (500ml) of organic chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7.5ml) of curry powder
- 2 cups (500ml) of snow peas
- 398ml (1 can) of organic light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) of finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 (125ml) cup of organic walnuts
- salt and pepper
- In a small pot, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Cut the onions and cook them in until they turn golden. Add the ginger, the chickpeas, the yeast, the curry, salt and pepper. Stir and let it cook for about 5 min. so all the flavors blend together. Then add the coconut milk and the snow peas and let it cook for about 15 min.
- When it’s almost cooked, add the coriander and the walnut.
- You don’t want to overcook this herb, but just get the flavor out of it.
- You can serve it over brown rice or quinoa.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
” I made this last night and I was not disappointed. It was delicious. I love legumes and this was no exception. Thank you very much for sharing.”
“So easy and delicious!”
“This was amazing and so easy to make! I made it for my parents and they loved it! Haven’t had much time to cook lately but this took about 15 minutes to make and it was delicious. Definitely going to be making this again, thanks!”¨
“I just can’t believe how simple this is to make, but also tasty. My whole family loved it, including our 10 month old daughter. I will be keeping this recipe on hand for those nights when we need a quick meal.”
” Made this last week and it was delish! So quick and easy to make, too!”
“This recipe is super simple to make, great color! It’s my first time cooking with chickpeas so I was worried they wouldn’t cook too well, but they turned out perfect! Very good with brown rice as well.”
“I made this for Little Miss’ dinner tonight… she loved it! I also liked it a lot. Great flavor.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!