Chocolates and bananas is traditional combination and for a good reasons – these bars might be our favorite ones.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 ripe organic bananas
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of almond milk
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic melted vegan butter
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of water
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic rice flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic almond flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic corn starch
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic sunflower seeds
- Preheat you oven to 375º.
- Put your dates and the water in a small pot and cook the for about 5-10 minutes until they turn into purée.
- In a bowl, combine the bananas, the cocoa powder, the almond milk, the butter and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the oatmeal, the rice flour, the corn starch ,the baking powder and the salt.
- Gradually add in your flour mix to your bananas and integrate the rest of the ingredients (dates purée, chocolate chips, walnuts and sunflower seeds) to your batter.
- Grease a 9″x13″ oven dish and spread the batter evenly.
- Cook for about 45 minutes.
- Wait until it’s a bit cool to remove it, and transfer it on a wired rack.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“wow, the cake smells great, when i saw this recipe in your website earlier today, i decided to make it for my family. it’s easy to make, the only thing you need is a hand blender. however, when i was eating the freshly baked cake with my family in the evening, no one ate more than one piece.. in fact, most of them can’t finish it even one slice. even i didn’t like it at first try… but later on when my stomach was growling with hunger… i had second serving… yah! this morning at breakfast time after finished eating the homemade bread and banana.. and drank a cup of hot coffee…”
“the cake was very good and moist. I loved the cinnamon and chocolate combination. The original recipe was very easy to follow and I really enjoyed the results.”
“The cake came out perfectly! It is so moist and flavorful, yet not too sweet. My whole family loved it which is a miracle for a gluten free vegan cake! Love the easy to follow recipe.