If you’re looking for a last-minute recipe idea, here’s one that just might do the trick. The beauty of this dish is that it can be thrown together with whatever ingredients are available in your pantry or fridge. For ease, I’m using cauliflower and bell peppers, but if there are any other vegetables on hand (celery root, green beans), they work great too.
This salad is so delicious that you will have a hard time believing that it’s actually healthy! I have been using the same recipe for years and my husband and kids love it. A big advantage of this recipe is also that you can make it in advance before a garden party or any celebration.
Preparation time:10 minutes
- 1 organic cauliflower (I used half of mine because it was huge but you can take a medium one)
- 1 organic coloured bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic parsley, coriander or any herb you like
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Cut your cauliflower and your bell pepper in small pieces and put them in your salad bowl. The last thing you or your guests will want to have in their mouth is a big piece hard to chew!
- Then you add the balance of the ingredient which are the olive oil, the vinegar, the herbs, the hemp seeds, the salt and the pepper.
- Stir everything well so your vegetables are well covered. Let it rest for a few minutes or a few
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“This is so simple and so delicious! I made it for a party and got rave reviews from everyone.”
“Store-bought sesame seeds taste similar, but the toasted version adds a nice nutty flavor.
I made a couple of batches of this recipe in a separate pan because I wanted to try both buttered and non-buttered variations. The buttered version was good, but I preferred the non-buttered one. It was creamier, tastier, and less sweet from the butter. For this recipe, make sure you use texturized soy protein rather than regular soy because it spreads much better. You can find it in health food stores or Asian supermarkets.”
“This was a big hit. I made it last minute and it was delicious. The garlic and herbs were wonderful.”
“I followed this recipe exactly and it was superb! My husband asked me to make this again for his birthday party. He kept wanting seconds.”
“I made this yesterday and today for my family! They loved the taste and couldn’t believe that it’s healthy!! Only one thing – I couldn’t find the oil at the grocery store so I used coconut oil. It turned out great! The cauliflower turned out perfect and not soggy like some other recipes I’ve tried (they were either too mushy or crunchy).
“I am a big fun of cauliflower, so I was sure this would make me really happy – but I really didn’t think I would enjoy it that much!”