There’s always a time when everyone would like a good and warm cup of soup – and this time of year is here again! Therefore I came up with this recipe for an asparagus and mushroom soup my kids loved – I just had to blend everything in so that they won’t actually know from what it was made.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5 cups of water
- Sunflower oil
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 cup (750ml) of diced organic asparagus
- 3 cups (750ml) of sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of nutritional yeast
- 454g of extra firm tofu
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot heat some oil to start cooking the onion until it starts to be transparent.
- Add the asparagus, the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes. Combine the nutritional yeast, some salt, pepper and put in the water gradually. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the tofu in cubes and cook them in a bit of oil with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are all tender, put them in a blender or like I did, with a hand mixer. Add the avocados and continue blending until you get a creamy texture.
- Serve it with the tofu and you have your meal ready in less than half hour.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“Been trying to find a great vegan option for this soup. I did not use an avocado because it’s not vegan, but did change the rest of the ingredients to go with this recipe. I finally found a great vegan mushroom soup blend on the store shelf! Thank you so much for posting, Mo! You are my inspiration!”
“This makes me so happy…”
“It was delicious!”
“I made it last night – I love it. :)”
“My family loves this recipe! So yummy!”
“This was really good. The taste is just like the real thing.”
“Neither of us can remember when we had better soup than what we had yesterday….made with whatever was in the fridge.”
“Nothing else compares to the real deal, but this was very close – i loved it to be fair.”
“I made this today to take to work for lunch. It is so yummy, will definitely make again. Thanks Mo.”
“This is delicious, simply amazing!”
“oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, i am amazed! So good!”
“Gonna make again soon, it was delicious!”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!