Beet is probably my favorite root vegetable, but because of how much I have been eating it, I need to find new ways how to eat it. This raw beet salad is a simple, yet refreshing one and I think even people who don’t really love beet might love it!
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 2 big organic beets
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of organic fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of olive oil
- Juice and rind of 1/2 of an organic lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the basil and the mint.
- Zest the lemon and then juice it.
- In the food processor, grate you beets.
- In a salad bowl, combine the grated beets, the hemp seeds, the dried blueberries, the olive oil, the lemon juice, the zest, the fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Toss your salad leave it aside for 10 minutes so all the flavours can blend.
- Very easy to make. Raw and healthy!!!
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I make this salad as a side dish with my grilled chicken. I found the recipe very easy to follow. It’s also healthy eating. I made mine with vinaigrette dressing.”
“This is a very interesting salad. The mixture of flavors and textures is very nice.”
“This recipe will help you to have a healthy and colorful salad without spending too much time in the kitchen. I’m sure that if you try it, you will surely enjoy it as much as I did.”
“Very easy to make, Raw and Healthy!!”
“I made this salad for my bf and he enjoyed it so much. I served it as a side dish, but it would also be very nice as an appetizer or as a main dish for lunch.”
“As one of my favorite foods, the beet is very often used in salads.”
“I’ve been making this for weeks and really enjoy it. I use spinach instead of mixed greens and I leave the dressing off completely and use only lemon juice and salt. If you like salad, try this one!”
“This recipe is great. The grated beets make their own sauce and the mint, basil, lemon rind and blueberries also bring their own flavors to the salad.”
“I wanted to try making salads other than lettuce but didn’t really know how to go about it. This recipe is very simple and quick, and goes well with my busy schedule.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!