Many of you maybe don’t even know something like kohlrabi exists, but it’s a vegetable everyone must try. It doesn’t contain a lot of calories, but high amounts of vitamins and that’s why it is important to eat kolhrabi raw. So salad’s the way!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 organic red kohlrabi
- 1 organic green kohlrabi
- 1 organic apple
- Some young snow pea shoots
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) of olive oil
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of organic sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of organic sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the 2 kohlrabis and place them in a salad bow. Then add the apple and the pea shoots. You can use whatever you want, it’s a salad. 🙂
- Add the hemp seeds, the sesame seeds, the sunflower seeds and the pumpkin seeds.
- Mix in the oil, the vinegar, the salt and the pepper and you will get this fresh and refreshing salad.
As I always do, I asked my readers to take part, maybe tell me what they think about my recipes and give me some tips, as well. What do they think of this one? Do they like it, did they make someone important to them happy with it? Did it help them save some time? Simply, what do our readers say about this recipe? Here it comes:
“I enjoy this recipe of yours very much, because it is super quick to make, but it makes me feel good. The pumpkin seeds are not on the blog yet. I love the combination with apple cider vinegar and sesame oil.”
“I love the recipe, I made it for my mom who is loving healthy food and this salad was so delicious! She raved about it, so I’m making it again tomorrow!”
“I don’t know why you don’t post more often. This recipe was a great side dish for a kosher Passover meal”.
“This kolhrabi salad is superb. The kolhrabi is crisp and flavorful. The toppings make this a light and refreshing salad. I will definitely make this again!”
“Thank you for another delicious recipe.”
“My 15-year old daughter who needs gluten free entrees tried this with good results. I would recommend the almond flour as a binder.”
“Just finished eating your recipe. It was fresh, tasty and healthy. My girlfriend loves it. Thanks for sharing!”
“I have never cooked with kohlrabi before, but I loved this recipe! We ate the salad with steamed fish. Thanks for the inspiration!”
“This is my new favorite recipe! It is so tasteful and everyone in our family likes it.”
“The best part of this salad are the green kohlrabi pieces, they are tasty! The rest of it tastes okay.”
And a little note before I will finally say goodbye to y’all: You’re 1 000, no 1 000 000, no 1 000 000 000 times more awesome and nice and excellent than every recipe here. Love you, love you all!