This is a delicious layered salad with beets and hummus that will give your taste buds a real treat. It’s simply amazing and very easy to make as well. The beets and hummus together gives a mild and soft flavor. It’s full of nutrients and delicious. I tried this recipe last weekend for our Sunday Brunch and it was such a success that my husband asked me to make it again soon.
This layered salad with beets and hummus is an excellent choice to take to work the next day for lunch, all you have to do is keep it in the fridge. It’s also a perfect recipe for celebrations or parties as it looks kinda fancy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes (time to cook the beets)
- 3 organic red beets
- 2 organic yellow beets
- 6 tbsp. (60ml) of fresh coriander
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 of organic lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the beets in water with coarse salt for about 25-30 minutes, depending on their size. Verify with a knife. You can cook them ahead or the day before. Peel them when they’re cooked and colder. It will be much easier than if you do it when raw.
- In a small hand chopper, put the oil, the lemon juice, the coriander, the salt and the pepper. Mix until it’s all well blended. That will be your vinaigrette.
- Slice your beets and start to assemble them with the hummus.
- First place the red beet, spread about 1 tsp. (5ml) of hummus. Repeat with the slice of yellow beet with another teaspoon of hummus and finish with a last slice of red beet.
- Put a few drops of vinaigrette on top, some fresh pepper and serve with a few lettuce on the side.
What do our readers say about this recipe?
“This is one of the yummiest salads. I also put some fresh peaches instead of beets and add a few fresh slices of cucumber.”
“The only thing I did different was add a little bit more vinaigrette on top to balance out the sweetness of the beets.”
“I love this recipe! I’ve had it two times and both times went down great!”
“It’s delicious!! My husband and son gave it a 10/10. I added grilled chicken and some grilled bell peppers.” One reader added roasted sweet corn.”
“We just tried the beet salad. It was amazing! Thank you so much for this recipe.”
“I made this salad and it was Delicious!!! I really like the taste of the dressing, thanks!”
“I made this layered salad with beets and hummus yesterday and my family loved it. One of my kids said we need to make this more often.”
“We had a wonderful dinner last night. The beet salad is delicious and I’ll be making again soon! We all loved it!”
“I made this recipe as a side salad and it was simply delicious. The beets were tender and the vinaigrette was very delicious. I will make it again.”
“This is very easy to make, full of nutrients and very tasty.”