If you only tried almond milk with some pre made store bought one, you really have to try to make your own. It is really simple and the taste has nothing to do with what you had before. Just pre soak your almonds the night before and make it in the morning.
Not only it’s much healthier because it doesn’t contain ingredients like carrageenan, you are able to control the quality of ingredients by putting organic almonds and the amount of sugar you add, but the taste is creamier and much more rich without thickener. Nothing compared to what you get in a box. You adjust to your taste.
You can use your almond pulp after by making some almond cookies, or dehydrate it for futur use. It is also always possible to freeze it and use it later on.
When we also think about the intensive animal agriculture, we have to reduce our dairy intake. It is a great alternative to it. You can also make chocolate almond milk by adding some coca powder.
Soaking time: approximately 8 hours
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic almonds
- 4 cup (1L) of water
- 4-5 pitted organic medjool dates
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- Pre soak your almonds the night before or for a day.
- Rinse them and put them in your blender. I used a Vitamix but if you don’t have one, do it with the equipment you have.
- Add the dates, the vanilla and the water. Liquify until you get a smooth liquid.
- Filter your milk in a nut milk bag. If you dont have one, use a cheese cloth.
- Enjoy this rich drink!