Introducing our mouthwatering recipe: Ground Beef Pasta!
This delectable dish might taste like it’s been simmering for hours, but in reality, it’s a quick and easy 30-minute wonder, making it a lifesaver for those hectic weeknight dinners.
With a creamy, savory sauce and perfectly seasoned ground beef, this pasta is sure to become a family favorite. Let’s dive into the simple steps to whip up this comforting meal in no time!
How to Prepare This Meal:
1. Cook the Pasta: Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the uncooked pasta and cook it al dente according to the package directions. Remember to reserve a cup of pasta cooking water before draining, just in case you need it to adjust the sauce later.
2. Sauté Onions and Brown the Beef: While the pasta is cooking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or a small pot/Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and sauté them for about 4-5 minutes until they become translucent.
3. Add Ground Beef and Garlic: Next, add the lean ground beef and minced garlic to the skillet. Continue cooking for another 8 minutes or until the beef is thoroughly browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks. If there’s an excess amount of fat, be sure to spoon it out.
4. Create the Flavorful Sauce: Stir in the canned diced tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 4-5 minutes or until the sauce reduces somewhat.
5. Introduce the Creamy Element: Now, it’s time to add the heavy/whipping cream to the skillet. Let it cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, allowing it to warm through and reduce slightly. The creaminess of the sauce will start to come together beautifully.
6. Season and Combine: Season the sauce generously with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Then, toss the drained pasta into the creamy beef sauce, ensuring all the pasta is well-coated with the luscious mixture.
7. Optional Topping: For an extra burst of flavor, serve your Easy Creamy Ground Beef Pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. The cheese adds a delightful finishing touch to this already scrumptious dish.
Now that you’ve followed these straightforward steps, your Ground Beef Pasta is ready to be savored. Enjoy your delicious homemade meal in under 30 minutes!
Ground Beef Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Start by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil for your pasta. Cook the pasta until it reaches that perfect al dente texture, following the instructions on the package.
- In a large skillet (or a small pot/Dutch oven), heat up some olive oil and add the chopped onion. Sauté them over medium-high heat for approximately 4-5 minutes until they turn translucent.
- Introduce the lean ground beef and minced garlic into the skillet, continuing to cook for roughly 8 minutes until the beef has browned. Use your spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. If there’s an excessive amount of fat, don’t forget to remove it.
- Incorporate the canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning into the mixture. Allow it to simmer for about 4-5 minutes until the sauce undergoes a reduction.
- Now, add the heavy/whipping cream to the skillet, letting it cook for another 3-5 minutes until it warms through and reduces slightly, contributing to the creaminess of the sauce.
- Season your creation with salt and pepper generously according to your preferences. Finally, toss the drained pasta into the savory beef sauce, ensuring every strand is coated in the delectable mixture.
- For an optional flavor boost, serve your Easy Creamy Ground Beef Pasta with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It’s the perfect finishing touch to elevate this already mouthwatering dish.
How to Store Ground Beef Pasta:
If you find yourself with leftovers or want to prepare this dish in advance, proper storage is key to maintaining its deliciousness. Here’s how to store your Ground Beef Pasta:
1. Refrigeration: Allow any leftover pasta to cool to room temperature before storing. Transfer it to an airtight container, making sure the pasta and sauce are well combined. Seal the container tightly and place it in the refrigerator. Your creamy ground beef pasta can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
2. Freezing: To freeze this dish, it’s best to portion it into individual servings if possible. Place the desired amount in an airtight, freezer-safe container or a resealable freezer bag. Be sure to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Label the container with the date for reference. Frozen creamy ground beef pasta can be kept in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
3. Reheating: When you’re ready to enjoy your stored pasta, follow these steps for reheating:
- Refrigerated Pasta: Gently reheat refrigerated pasta in the microwave or on the stovetop in a pan over medium-low heat. You may need to add a splash of milk or cream to restore the creaminess if the sauce has thickened.
- Frozen Pasta: Thaw frozen pasta in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. Then, warm it up in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a bit of milk or cream if needed to bring back the desired consistency.
4. Fresh Garnishes: If you plan to garnish your pasta with Parmesan cheese or any other fresh toppings, it’s best to add these just before serving to maintain their flavor and texture.
With proper storage and reheating techniques, your Easy Creamy Ground Beef Pasta can still taste fantastic even when enjoyed as leftovers. Whether you’re storing it for later or reheating it the next day, you’ll have a delightful meal ready in no time.