Superfoods are part of the key to a good health! Among them Lucuma and Maca powder.
What are they exactly?
The lucuma is a fruit from Peru very rich in B vitamin, beta-caroten, calcium, iron, protein and zinc, and has a low-glycemic index even thought it has a nice subtle sweet taste. It is also a good antioxidant.
The maca is a root coming from the same region. It helps reduce stress and is a good physical and mental energizer. it is rich in B, C, D, E vitamins, potassium, calcium, iron and more.
I started making smoothies last year, but the results were not the greatest, especially when I used leaves. I chewed more than actually drank! :-). I suggest you get a smoothie maker, especially if you want to use leafy veggies!
I got a Vitamix for Christmas, and the results were night and day! A leafy green smoothie turned into something closer to what we can expect from it.
- 2 organic kale leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) of frozen organic peaches
- 2 celery stalk
- 1/2 of an organic avocado
- 2 cups (500ml) of chopped organic pineapple
- 1 cups (250ml) of water
- 1 cup (250ml) of ice cubes
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of mesquite powder
- 1tbsp. (15ml) of lucuma powder
- Blend all your ingredients until smooth. If you want, you can use only frozen fruits, but I would suggest you replace the ice by water.