Happy New year everyone! I missed writing here, but I had so much to do in my house, I had to take a few weeks to finish up a few things, including arranging the dinning room to make it more functional for my photography studio.
I am also a new contributor at Parade magazine’s Community table, which I’m very exited about. I’ll be making a weekly post that will be shown on their website.
I’ve been meaning to make this recipe for a while, and today was the right day for it. I had cooked black beans 2 days ago and had the right quantity left over to make these. I tried to hide from the kids the fact that it was the base of the recipe, but as soon as they heard the food processor work, they ran into the kitchen! 🙂
This recipe is grain free and contains almost no added fat, just a tablespoon of coconut oil, which makes this recipe “Guilt-free”! You can have it with a good conscience!
You could probably use any bean as long as they have a neutral taste.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 9tbsp. (135ml) of water
- 1/2 of a ripe organic mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of oven roasted organic hazelnuts (see cooking notes below)
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of cooked organic black beans
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 6tbsp. (90ml) of organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic whole brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of almond flour
- 2/3 cup (166ml) of organic raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of finely chopped chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. (5ml) of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. (1.25ml) of organic cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- Preheat your oven at oven at 375º.
- Grease or line with parchment paper a 9″ square oven dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the grounded flax seeds with 6tbsp. (90ml) of water. This mix will be your egg replacer.
- In a food processor, mix the black beans with 3 tbsp. (45ml) of water until you get a puree. If you use canned beans, you might not need to add water as they softer.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed avocado, the coconut oil, the vanilla, the almond milk and the brown sugar until you get a smooth texture.
- Add in the brown sugar, the almond flour, the raw cocoa powder, the baking powder, the baking soda the cayenne pepper and 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of chopped hazelnut.
- Spread the batter and cover it with the balance of the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate.
- Put it in the oven for 35 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it cool completely before you take it out.
I hope you will enjoy as much as we did!!! 🙂
Cooking note: Put your raw hazelnuts on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350º for 10 minutes until roasted. This can be done with any nuts.