For those of you who have kids, school is finished and camp is starting. I need snacks!!!! :-) Healthy trail mix is a must.
They’ve been asking since the beginning of the week for some, but I was a bit lazy with the heat we’ve had in the past few days. It’s not an exaggeration to say that we went from winter to summer. But let’s not complain, we don’t how long it will last!!! :-) So I decided to make nut mix for snacking. I gathered a few raw ingredients and added a nice little touch to them, a maple one!
First I prepared the my maple glazed nuts. If you want to roast your nuts first, put them in the oven at 350º for about 10 minutes. I preferred not to do it to preserve and not overheat the good oils you get from the nuts. These can also be served on a “Tapas” table, they have a nice sweet and salty taste!!!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes Glazed nuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raw cashews
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raw walnut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raw almonds
- 5 tbsp. (75ml) of organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of maple syrup
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat a dry pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the cashews, the walnuts, the almonds, the coconut, the maple syrup and the salt.
- Cook, stirring really frequently, until syrup is caramelized for 3 minutes, not more, or else it will burn.
- Let cool, ideally on parchment paper or else it will stick.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic tamari almonds (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raisins
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic dried figs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic 70% chocolate chunks
- 1 cup (250ml) of maple glazed nuts
- Combine the almonds, the raisins, the chocolate chunks and the glazed nuts.
- Cut your figs in 4 pieces and add them to your mix.
- Mix everything and serve.
It is just so easy to make, it’s not worth to buy pre-made ones!