Maybe it’s the first rays of sun that we haven’t had for the past week, but it starts to smell spring! Not very warm for a month of May, but…. 🙂 like I say “If spring doesn’t come to me, I go meet him!” And what is more estival than a salad. I decided to do it with kale because so many people are still afraid of that great veggie. I recently came across baby kale, sold pre washed. What a great way to tame this leaf.
Strawberries are still not in season for us, but I find it is a great combination with the kale.
A little tip to reduce the amount of dressing, you put in your salad. Let your salad absorb it for a few minutes before serving. We tend to put a lot more than we actually need.
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of GF tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of maple syrup
- 3 cups (750ml) of organic baby kale
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic sliced strawberries
- 3 tbsp. (15ml) of organic hemp seeds
- In your salad bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing until you get a smooth texture.
- Add in your kale, the strawberries and the hemp seeds. Toss it to mix it well and set aside for 5 minutes.