I haven’t made a new bread recipe in a while. The other day I went to a health food exhibition and there was a booth where they presented their gluten free bread. It is a very nice bakery, and I tried it. It was good. Then I tried to reproduce their bread, but in theirs had dairy and eggs. Not everybody can have these because of food intolerance or just because they don’t include these in their diet. Maybe it gives a better texture, but here I am pretty close to what I tasted.
Really a nice gluten-free bread. Soft and moist. Everybody liked it! I even have to make another one because there was none left to take a picture. “Gone with the wind” is not exaggerated . 🙂
One important thing when you make bread is to have fresh yeast. Even more when you work with gluten-free flours. You need something that will work well or else your bread wont rise.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Rising time: 1h 30minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds (+2 tbsp. (30ml) of whole ones for decoration)
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) of active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic cane sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic white rice flour
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7.5ml) of salt
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic sunflower seeds (for decoration)
- Mix in the water, the yeast and the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, put the 2tbsp. of grounded flax seeds with 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water and put aside for also 10 minutes until it’s thick.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown rice flour, the white rice flour, the sorghum flour, the tapioca starch, the xanthan gum, the sesame seeds and the salt.
- Add in the water, the coconut oil and the grounded flax seeds. Mix it for about 5 minutes.
- Put the dough in a 9”x4” greased bread pan and cover it with the whole flax seeds and the sunflower seeds. Press them a bit so they stick to your bread. Let it rise for about an hour. The microwave is usually a good place with a cup of hot water to have some humidity.
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- When the size has doubled, put it in the oven for 50-55 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes before you transfer it on a wired rack to continue the cooling.
Now you just cut a piece and enjoy with your favourite spread!