Do your kids ever ask 2 portions of cauliflowers? In my case, not very often. This sauce was inspired again by a TV show (Cuisine futé). It’s not the same recipe, but by seeing it I just thought, why not add whatever we want our kids to eat and make a tomato sauce.
Tonight I decided to do a lasagna with the sauce, they liked it so much that they asked for a double portion. With pasta everything is good! 🙂 You can use this recipe to empty your fridge. I had the stem of a broccoli that was left in the veggie drawer, I added it in. You can also make this recipe ahead and freeze it or prepare it over the weekend for a ready-meal for the beginning of the week. If you have left overs, you can have it for lunch the next day!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of organic coconut oil
- 1 organic cauliflower
- 1 (796ml) organic diced tomatoes
- 1 whole organic garlic head
- 2 small organic onions
- 8 organic mushrooms (it could be more or less, that’s what I had)
- 1 cup (250ml) of fresh parsley
- 6 cups (1.5L) of organic kale leaves
- Italian herb
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) Sambal Oelek (or hot pepper)
- Cooked gluten free lasagnas
- 6 cup (1.5L) of vegan mozzarella cheese
- Take all you veggies and chop them. The garlic can be cut in half only, it will be fine!
- In a medium pot, heat your oil and add in your onions and the garlic. Stir in the mushrooms and the cauliflower. Add the herbs, the salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in the diced tomatoes and the Sambal Oelek. Cook it for 20 minutes until they’re cooked and soft.
- In the meantime, cook your lasagnas according to cooking instructions.
- When your sauce is ready, blend it with a stem mixer or in your food processor until you get a smooth texture. All those veggies disappeared! 🙂 Add in your parsley.
- Start assembling your lasagna. I used a 9″x13″ oven dish. Put 1 layer of sauce, then a layer of pasta. Repeat with your second layer, but add about 3 cups of kale. Quantities can be adjusted depending on what you want. Repeat with the third layer. Finish by covering your last layer of pasta with sauce and cheese.
- Put it in the oven at 375º for 30 minutes.
Now your whole family will enjoy even though it’s filled with cabbage! 🙂