I finally got the coconut cream I tasted a while back. It was hard to get because apparently it’s a new product. But it was worth the waiting. The difference between coconut milk and the coconut cream is that it’s much creamier and the taste is more pronounced. You could very well do with coconut milk, don’t stop yourself from doing this recipe just because you don’t have that ingredient.
After a busy weekend, my daughter’s birthday party with her friends, cooking, and “cleaning”, soup was just the right type of meal for me. Quick easy, and I can have enough for tomorrow’s lunches, so 2 meals in 1. 🙂
I had some leftover rice noodles from yesterday’s lunch, so it was even faster to make.
Preparation time: 10 minute
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 organic onion
- 4 cups (1000ml) of organic chopped kale
- 2 cups (500ml) of chopped mushrooms
- 454g of organic tofu
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of curry
- 4 cups (1L) of organic vegetable broth or water
- 2 cans (400ml/ea.) of organic cream of coconut
- 3 cups (750ml) of chopped organic broccoli
- 4 cups (1000ml) of cooked rice noodle
- 1 shredded organic carrot
- 2 cups (500ml) of fresh coriander
- Chop all your vegetables and cut your tofu into cubes.
- In a big pot, heat a bit of oil and stir in your onion. Let it cook 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped broccoli, the chopped kale, the chopped mushrooms and the tofu. Add the curry powder, some salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your broth, the coconut cream and continue the cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Put in the coriander, the rice noodles and the shredded carrot. Continue the cooking for about 5 minutes. It really is to warm your ingredients.
- Last step is to serve. Quick and ready in 30 minutes.