Homemade warm fresh bread! Who doesn’t like it! I was really feeling like having it with my soup. It is so easy to make and by using muffin tin, it reduces the cooking time and the argument of “She has a bigger pieces!!!! Gnnn!” I don’t know if your kids are like mine but even if there is a 5 yrs old and a 12 yrs old, they think they can have the same amount of food!
Smell the fresh bread in the oven cooking while my soup is getting ready. The only difference between muffins and bread, you need to think of the rising time. Other than that, it doesn’t take much longer to prepare.
Makes 12 mini breads
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Rising time: 1 hrs
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup (312.5ml) + 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water of lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) of yeast
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp.(30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. (90ml) of sunflower oil
- 1 1/4 cup (312.5ml) of organic oat flour
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic corn flour
- 1/2 cup (62.5ml) of arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7.5ml) of salt
- Mix in the water, the yeast and the sugar and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, put the flax seeds with 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water and put aside for also 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, the amaranth flour, the corn flour, the arrowroot starch, the xanthan gum and the salt.
- Add in the water and the flax seeds. Mix it for about 5 minutes.
- Put the dough in a greased muffin tin and let it rise for about an hour. I usually put it in the microwave with a cup of hot water to get some humidity. It helps a lot!
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350º.
- When it has doubled the size, put it in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes before you transfer them on a wired rack to continue the cooling. They can be a bit “mushy” if they are too hot.
Enjoy with your favourite meal! It can even be good with the Vegetarian Chili I posted on my Facebook page. I will be posting sometimes quick recipes only on my page with pictures with Instagram. This one is https://www.facebook.com/simplycalledfood/posts/766977949997376.